PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Tapers and speedo/lights.

03-18-2002, 06:18 PM
Hey all,
I have stock 400ex bars right now and I'm looking into some new bars. I am really interested in some Pro-Tapers but I'm not sure if they will work with my trailtech speedo and light kit! Also, are these good all around bars or strictly race bars? I do a lot of trail riding, some jumping and basically im looking for a good all around bar thats not a renthal. All my friends have renthals and i'm not really down with jumpin on that same bandwagon. I like to be different!:D Thanks in advance.

03-20-2002, 05:43 PM
anybody?

03-21-2002, 08:14 PM
please? even if you dont know can you direct me to someone or a place that does? any help would be greatly appriciated.

bigbadbrad
04-03-2002, 05:29 PM
i just got some tag x-5 bars they are mad so they are just as strong as 1 1/8" bars but fit in 7/8" bar monts. they look good and have alot of different bends:D

Leo
04-03-2002, 07:59 PM
The problem with super strong bars is when you flip _something_ is going to give...

Better to replace the bars than the steering stem (in my opinion)..

I've got a set of the regular renthals, 400 bend, I really like them.

Leo

papaw
04-03-2002, 08:31 PM
leo's right i bent 3 or stock stems with my pro tapers.but they did get me through the rest of the weekend with a bent stem but they will bend back with the help of a few friends grabbing the pro taper bars and bending the stem back.these bars will not bend or at least i cant bend them....