PDA

View Full Version : rear brake problem (help)

stealth400ex
05-06-2004, 08:12 PM
i took off my rear brake assembly to chande my frame. I also took of the brake light senser thing and parking brake cable. when i put the rear brake on the foot pedal is really easy to push down. the brake do not lock at all. when pushing down on brake i can still spin the wheels.

can someone please help. im not good with brakes.

Matt102
05-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Did yopu bleed the brakes? You should definitely do that if you haven't already.

2004TRX450R
05-07-2004, 02:08 AM
If you broke the system at all then you will need to bleed the brakes. If you pushed the pads back in the caliper then it will take several pumps of the lever to get them back against the rotor.

stealth400ex
05-07-2004, 06:39 AM
so i should open the valve and pump the pedal a couple times till the pads are touching the rotor.

thanks for the help

05-07-2004, 07:42 AM
NOOO!!!

first leave eveything hooked up & pump the pedal a couple of times to see if rear brakes grab the rotor...if nothing happens after like 10 pumps then pump the pedal some more & whil holding the pedal down crack the bleeder valve for like 2 seconds.....then tighten the valve back up & pump the pedal some more...rmember not to move the pedal when the valve is iopen or it wil suck in air.

Blown 331
05-08-2004, 09:33 AM
If you're not sure what you are doing the easiest was is to gravity bleed it. Just crack the bleeder for like 20 minutes and keep the resivoir full and the air will bleed itself out, you can do this on cars too, you don't even need to pump the pedal.