PDA

View Full Version : procedures-to cutting fenders.

XxXx~FLY~xXxX
03-18-2002, 06:13 PM
what procedures are involved in cutting ur fenders. do most of you do it urselves r get someone to do them for u. i've read the post on how they help and i really want to do it. so any help would be appreciated(sp)!!!also if n e one has pic's of thier cut fenders please post them. i really need to do them fast i am going trailriding this weekend!!!

thanx chris:D

XxXx~FLY~xXxX
03-19-2002, 10:11 AM
sorry bout the spelling on the last post. i edited it though.

bakerboyz
03-19-2002, 10:18 AM
Cover the fender in masking tape and draw out the lines you want to cut. The tape allows you to try different shapes and get the lines symetrical.

Take a jig saw and cut along the lines. File and sand the edges. Thats it.

250Xtreame
03-19-2002, 01:40 PM
hey try using a dremel(sp) tool instead of a jig saw. higher rpm's give u a cleaner cut. also u can do ur sanding w/ a sanding bit (really saves the arms.. and time) but no matter what u use just make sure you even want cut fenders for just trail ridin cuz ur gonna get muddy!!!

Deathbringer
03-19-2002, 01:53 PM
If you use a dremel to cut don't go above 5000rpm because it will melt your plastic instead of cutting.. Personal experience from modifying the airbox lid..

RideRed400StYlE
03-20-2002, 09:58 PM
Use electrical tape, it stretches a little letting you work with the tape a little better, try to get as even as you can and cut a little farther out than the tape is, then you can sand it so where you want it. I used a jigsaw, and a small handblade for mine. It took about 2 min to cut, and 10 to file down to where I want it. Here is a pic. Just did it tonight