PDA

View Full Version : *looking For Suggestions*

PHAT400
05-06-2004, 04:46 PM
What's up gang... I will be going on my first serious riding excursion next weekend and I need some pointers!

I'll be riding @ Black River Falls Wisconsin. What should I carry with me on the day's ride? I will have a back pack with water, some snack's, a first aid kit and my GPS.

What else?

:rolleyes:

FreekShow
05-06-2004, 04:48 PM
Tools

PHAT400
05-06-2004, 04:56 PM
Cool, thanks... Prolly a tire plug set too? Now i am no dummy but I am a bit scatter brained sometime. I sometime's can' see the forest for the tree's ... ya know..

Anything else?

batgeek
05-06-2004, 05:05 PM
condoms...always bring condoms.

PHAT400
05-06-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
condoms...always bring condoms.

:huh :huh caugh:huh c'mon bat, give me some credit..... beside's the obvious....:devil:

JDiablo
05-06-2004, 05:25 PM
^^^ lol....you never know tho...but don't forget gas,lol umm...def some tools,those little co2 tanks are good to have to if you have the kit instead of the pump

Ryan
05-06-2004, 05:33 PM
Bring a tow rope just in case :macho .

TheX1992
05-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Food! Mmmmm fooooood. Plenty of gas. Assortment of tools. A couple spark plugs. Maybe a fresh air filter (in case yours gets drenched). Chain lube. Cell phone (if other guys have one). Then my personal favorite - plenty of zip ties and duct tape :D

After your done in BRF swing on up to Chippewa and we'll go ridin!

05-06-2004, 08:05 PM
u could bring a 24 of beer and some woman and me

Gillbilly
05-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Slow down a bit it aint like your ridin in Alaska,its not that desolat up there.I ride it all the time and basicly you can get to a gas station no prob and there are enough riders someone willhave what you forgot.I would have a plug or 2,can of fix a flat,tow rope and cell phone.It gets real dusty and sandy so make sure you have tear offs or at least something to clear your gogs.If you want more info just post again in this thread.1 more thing get a map they are avail. at most taverns or gas stations in the area.Its a great place to ride have fun.

PHAT400
05-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Well I will be riding w/approximately 30+ people and I will likely not be the guy bringing up the rear.....

Should be a great time. Thanks for the help.. Keep em com'n if we've missed anything..

:macho

PHAT400
05-06-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Gillbilly
Slow down a bit it aint like your ridin in Alaska,its not that desolat up there.I ride it all the time and basicly you can get to a gas station no prob and there are enough riders someone willhave what you forgot.I would have a plug or 2,can of fix a flat,tow rope and cell phone.It gets real dusty and sandy so make sure you have tear offs or at least something to clear your gogs.If you want more info just post again in this thread.1 more thing get a map they are avail. at most taverns or gas stations in the area.Its a great place to ride have fun.

:D that's the respnse I was looking for... Thanks bro..

I'll try to post some pix after I make it home..

:macho

Gillbilly
05-06-2004, 08:58 PM
Will ya be with any locals, cuz they can get ya to all the taverns.Rock Dam,Hatfield,Agusta and Millston all have decent places for a break.Where are you taking off from?

LTandRaptorider
05-06-2004, 09:40 PM
Extra batteries for the GPS... compass in case the GPS doesn't work... extra supplies to trade with the natives... :p

Have fun!;)

TCracin440ex
05-06-2004, 11:26 PM
you should bring yourself :D

hondarider2006
05-07-2004, 12:52 AM
Slow down a bit it aint like your ridin in Alaska

whats that suposed to mean:huh

PHAT400
05-07-2004, 06:36 AM
Will ya be with any locals, cuz they can get ya to all the taverns.Rock Dam,Hatfield,Agusta and Millston all have decent places for a break.Where are you taking off from?

I'll be leaving from work on friday @ 5 pm. South Bend Indiana is launch pad. Through chicago and then norte'... I think there will be a few local's.. I was invited by a customer of mine in Lake Geneva.... Any jiggly bar's up that way?

:devil:

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-07-2004, 07:29 AM
bring a large buck knife--to hunt for food.

oh ya, and a mirror, so if you get lost you can signal a plane up in the sky.