PDA

View Full Version : Everyone with Sponsorship

250r rider 88
05-06-2004, 02:59 PM
What all did you include in your racing resumes and whats the best ways to get the aftermarket to come on board with you? Like LRD, LSR, PEP big names like that and other companies 2

Matt102
05-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Just tell um who you are, what quad you got, what kind of racing you do, where you plan on racing for the season, and what you can you do to help them out. Stuff like that. Include some pics too.

Out_Sider
05-06-2004, 08:35 PM
the main thing.. LOTS OF PICS!! pics of your quad from every angle, pics of yourself with and without gear, all that stuff ;)

cooper505
05-06-2004, 08:43 PM
show that you have done a lot of racing. this will show your commitment to racing. i put every single race on mine and put it on really nice shiny paper and used both sides with pics on one side with info about me and on the other side was all the racing stuff. include what classes you have raced in and what places you have got in your class and overall if possible. make your self look good and try to meet the people you want to sponsor you in person and try to make a big impact on them. when i would want a sponsor i would usually buy someting for my bike from them that wasn't to big like a grab bar or something. but i would go there in person, sometimes i would have to drive far, and meet the owner. worked almost every time. i rode for duncan racing for over a year and after that it was graydon proline among many others.

Duncanracer
05-06-2004, 09:53 PM
i begged and pleaded...

I also included pics....race results, a short background on me...a bio on the quads....and 20$...j/k

250r rider 88
05-07-2004, 06:25 AM
but what if i havent raced yet and wont be able to for a while then what do i do for that part on the resume?

R3Concepts
05-07-2004, 01:00 PM
If you havent raced and havent won then dont be searching for sponsorship. Get out there and win some races then look for sponsors. You ask now and all the big name companys will laugh at you. Remember its what YOU can do for the sponsors not what the sponsors can do for you. Also when looking for sponsors tell them what you will do for them, not what they will do for you, they will worry about that. Another thing most big name sponsors like you named LRD, LSR, PEP are only going to sponsor percentages like 10-15% off there parts. The only real LSR sponsored rider is Keith Little, and all he does is show up and ride. LRD, LSR, PEP want to see big results for a long time before they even consider sponsoring someone.:(

protraxrptr17
05-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Yeah, he's right. If sponsors were that easy to get we would all have them. I'm not trying to discourage you, but getting full-time sponsors takes years of determination and prestigeous wins. Start small by talking to local businesses like the place where you get gasoline and stuff like that. That is, after you start winning and getting some recognition off the track. Go to the owner and make a deal with him such as, if you win the points championship this year, he'll sponsor you 5 gallons of gas for your quad on race weekends next year. Always keep your rig clean when you stop in there, and put your quad number and your name on the back glass of your truck along with some stickers that stand out. That way he'll see that you will advertise his business everywhere, not just at the races. If you carry some small sponsors like that for a few years you will have some good references when you go out to get the big ones. Don't give up if you get turned down. Also, if some of your friends or family have a business just get some stickers made with their logo (with permission of course) and put them on your rig and quad even if they can't help you with anything. That way other businesses will see the advertisements they could be getting.

05-08-2004, 10:09 PM
last year i raced the whole searies and grabed 8th overall in open nov. on a shee. this year i bought an r from a dealership i bought my sons qd. i asked the saleman about sponcerships, he talked to the owner and i got a killer deal on the 1st 1 in the door + 20% off anything, anytime. i was stoked and said what the heck. i typed up a res. (age, level, searies, what i have done and that i want to win the searies) then opened dirtwheels and sent one to every co. i wanted somethig from;) i now am sponcered by fmf, rox speedfx (powermadd hand guards) and prm. i also heard from hmf, but went with fmf. i sent a lot and only heard from a few but it was worth every minute of my time and a couple stamps. i saved a lot of$. :D good luck!!!!

roostin_dale
05-08-2004, 10:21 PM
basically do what eveyone else said.

Except whoever said "Send ALOT of pics"..don't do that..about 5-10 will be enough..a few riding, a couple still shots, and one of you. They dont want to see that many pics, they just want to know how you ride. Some companies like to see a short video explaining yourself..