PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to get rid of "searchexe"

JTRtrx250r
05-06-2004, 01:45 PM
I meant to say NO..but accidently hit yes and now I have this lame Searchexe.com BS that I cant seem to get rid of, it keeps taking over , even after I re-set things up. SGA turned me on to the Google toolbar w/ the popup blocker and I liked it , but this damn Search exe deal keeps taking it back over:grr: :mad: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss

What do I do:D

Racing Rice
05-06-2004, 01:47 PM
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Download that free version, check for new updates, and run it a few times.

Quad18star
05-06-2004, 01:47 PM
I have the same problem .... got some SpyWare crap on my computer that I'm trying to get rid of . It keeps on resetting my homepage to "Blank" ... GRRRRR Hopefully Norton will fix it .

sly400ex
05-06-2004, 01:52 PM
This one is really a pain, I run adware, spybot, and cwshredder....it helps for a while, then it comes back.:grr:

If you go to this site, the guys are really helpful to get your PC running "cleanly" again.:)

http://www.spywareinfo.com/

JTRtrx250r
05-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Yeah it is a real pain, I tried running Adaware and it found 130 objects:huh :rolleyes: but it didnt help(thanks for trying tho;) )

I have the Searchexe.com toolbar on top of the screen and another 1 on the bottem, and it doesnt matter what I try to do...it just comes back:mad: Chit like this should be illegal:mad: :rolleyes:

JTRtrx250r
05-06-2004, 02:19 PM
ok guys, I just did system restore to a few days ago and it seems to be working...so far anyway, but I just have this bad feeling it will be back, thanks for the help...Im about as pc illiterate as they come:rolleyes: :o

zephead400ex
05-06-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
ok guys, I just did system restore to a few days ago and it seems to be working...so far anyway, but I just have this bad feeling it will be back, thanks for the help...Im about as pc illiterate as they come:rolleyes: :o

If it happens again, run ad-aware. If that does not fix the issue, manually delete the temp files. In IE go to tools -> internet options -> delete cookies -> yes -> settings -> view files -> highlight the first cookie -> click edit -> select all -> hit delete

If you have any more issue's, let me know.

later