PDA

View Full Version : GPR stabilizers owners please read

Lethalhonda2
05-06-2004, 06:17 AM
What steering stem is everyone using? I was told that Roll and Houser are the only stems you can use with the new 2.0 vesion.

Colby@C&DRacing
05-06-2004, 09:31 AM
Those are the only two stems that gpr has comfirmed to work with their dampners. They told me that if the head of the stem is not a 0 degree axis them it will tear up the inside of the dampner.

Lethalhonda2
05-06-2004, 08:12 PM
This almost sounds like a lame excuse to boost sales for Houser and Roll. I have a Aren's stem and I hate to have to sell it just to buy another.:mad:

Dave400ex
05-06-2004, 08:23 PM
Check out the Scott's and WER dampners then.

Lethalhonda2
05-06-2004, 08:36 PM
I dont know anyone running either the WER or the Scotts. I havent heard much about them. I think I'm going to try the GPR and if it doesnt work then I'll have a Aren's stem for sale. I just have a bad feeling Houser and Roll are both on backorder!! Dave400ex any luck with the A-arms?

Dave400ex
05-06-2004, 08:43 PM
Ballance runs the WER.

I have not got my a-arms yet, but I told him to wait and I will just pick them up at Red Bud. Last I heard he was just waiting on the tie rods.

Lethalhonda2
05-06-2004, 08:46 PM
I should be seeing mine this week. I was told they were
sent out Monday

Dave400ex
05-06-2004, 08:55 PM
I hope you get them soon. Should be nice.

Lethalhonda2
05-06-2004, 09:02 PM
I'm just hoping everything will bolt on with no problems
As much as we pay for aftermarket parts they should bolt
up better than some do.

Crashmore 22
05-06-2004, 11:43 PM
Houser keeps their components in stock. Roll, however you will be waiting so long your bike will start rusting. Hopefully the Arens will work. Goodluck

Shawn H
05-07-2004, 10:09 AM
I talked to Randy at GPR several times and he never mentioned nothing about using specific brand stems.All he wanted to know if it was a OFF SET stem or a T style stem. I got mine coming for a JBracing stem.

Pappy
05-07-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by snowgasm
I talked to Randy at GPR several times and he never mentioned nothing about using specific brand stems.All he wanted to know if it was a OFF SET stem or a T style stem. I got mine coming for a JBracing stem.

a T style stem will work, i dont believe a houser will work with a gpr however if you have access to some fabricating equipment you can make the bracket work on just about anything. Rowlrag from the Quadshop has a gpr unit on his stock 450R stem

Shawn H
05-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Yep,
that is true Randy told me he has them to bolt on stock stems but I'm going with the aftermarket.Also on my Z GPR there was 4 holes machined into the bottom 1 set for off set and 1 set for Tstyle. Jb racing is a Tstyle stem.

Lethalhonda2
05-07-2004, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the info everybody.I could see it not working if the stem was a 1" taller and 1" forward but its not the case. I should see the stabilizer next week so I'll let everyone knowif it works or not. My A-arms came today (Aren's long travel) but no one was home so I'm hoping Fed Ex is working tomorrow.I wish I could be racing at Rausch next week but I'm still looking at a bare frame and a few parts, so I still have a ways to go.I'll be there watching though....

ZSK
05-07-2004, 11:42 PM
A little off topic but how does a GPR steering stabilizer work? I have a denton and I understand that fluid is moved and it prevents sharp hits. But how do the stabilizers work when mounted to the handlebars as apposed to the steering stem?

batgeek
05-08-2004, 12:32 AM
the fluid concept is the same, but instead of a plunger style action, inside the "puck" are paddles that do the resistance.

the puck mounts centerline to your stem and there is a little arm that sticks out that the paddles are connected to that holds the paddles steady while the "puck rotates with your stem.

ok, that was kinda confusing to describe, but if you get a chance to look at one in person, it's easier to understand how they work.

hope i didn't confuse ya :D

Lethalhonda2
05-08-2004, 07:02 PM
Well what I thought was the rest of my order turned into just a swingarm!So if I get any more excuses I will expose this buisness so everyone else can see how their customers are treated. This is also after paying for the entire order more than a month ago!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Shawn H
05-08-2004, 08:25 PM
Who are you taling about GPR?
They are great swapped out my GPR from a Z to 450R for free and are servicing it.They have been awesome!I know they are extremely backed up and cant keep up with orders right now.

Lethalhonda2
05-09-2004, 09:22 AM
No Gpr has been good to deal with so far.Its more like chassis parts.Like I said before If I get 1 more excuse I will write about it, but until then I will give them a chance to explain why...

Luecker
05-09-2004, 04:31 PM
I know for the Z you need a +1 stem for the GPR to work. Also it should work with a Houser stem. Houser was going to carry the GPR but they are having the same problem you and everybody else is. Can't get one.

I am hoping to get one in June/July. Hopefully they are caught up by then.

quadman21
05-10-2004, 10:07 AM
I have a question, are the old GPR versions available? Or have the switched to the 2.0 and that's it?

Lethalhonda2
05-10-2004, 06:06 PM
No they only make the 2.0 version. I was told people kept breaking the old model, and thats why the stem (Roll) comes with the stabilizer.

bugs415
05-10-2004, 09:58 PM
I have the GPR 2.0 and yes i have it on a standard houser stem,all it needs to be is a anti-vibe type stem and it doesnt have to be plus one..Chris