PDA

View Full Version : piston dilema

ridesa02400EX
05-05-2004, 10:06 PM
ok i asked C and D how much it would be for a ross 10.8:1 compression piston and gaskets and they said somwhere around like 220 but that was for a whole 440 kit. i was wondering if i would be able to get just the piston and rings and they told me that i have to measure my cylinder to make sure the piston will fit. well i pulled the cylinder and there was a JE 89mm piston in it. i was just wondering if anybody has gone from a JE to a Ross piston. if they are both 89mm pistons then there shouldnt be a problem right?

foleyit
05-05-2004, 10:46 PM
I would still atleast get the cylinder honed out. Always to your best interest to give the machinist your piston so they can make sure it is done right. As far as going from a JE to a Ross, I don't know still running a JE here. Also, you have to take into consideration what compression your current JE is and going to a 10.8:1 Ross.

Colby@C&DRacing
05-06-2004, 09:18 AM
I responded to you in our forums. What I said was you can run a Ross piston but to get it back in spec I would get one of the overbore pistons that the make 89.1, 89.36 and 89.51:)