PDA

View Full Version : 450R protection???

Bergy
05-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Just curious to all the new 450R owners and riders what you bought for skid plates and bumpers. I ride in very rocky and tight tree infested areas here in the WI Northwoods. I am looking at the Pro-Armor bumper as well as there frame skid and swingarm skid. Anybody have any experience with these products? Always had PRM stuff in the past and was happy but the Pro Armor stuff looks hella beefy. Anyone know how the fit is? Thanks in advance.

RideRedEX
05-06-2004, 09:55 AM
i have a DG full skid with the baja swing arm skid, it fit perfect and looks good. I havent beat the crap out of it yet so i dont know how it holds up. I would just go with PRM if you liked them in the past they make real good stuff

Pappy
05-06-2004, 09:58 AM
I have PRM everything, although I was very surprised at how the stock skidplate held up

Shawn H
05-06-2004, 10:55 AM
Bergy
where at in Wi are you from I live in hudson and have a cabin near spooner. You racing at arkansaw in 2 weeks?

yep I have prm chassis,swingarm,skids and there bumper. Exact fit and very durable.Swing skid is heavy but very strong

Bergy
05-06-2004, 03:01 PM
When I had my Z the stock swingarm skid lasted me all of one trail ride here. The DG Baja I replaced it with had to be rewelded after 3 rides. I live in Crivitz,WI near the UP on the East side of WI. I ride the Dun-Good trails most of the time and they rock ( literally, tons of rocks.) I usually try to ride mid week becuase there is just way too many idiots here on weekends. Snowgasm, gald to hear you will be racing in Arkansaw. I am very involved with the WI quad series and normally don't miss a race but my sister is getting married that weekend. I should be at the remainder of them. I retired from MX ( for the last time, I think) last year, I am getting older,slow, and fat but I still like to tear it up once in awhile. I am actually going to Arkansaw this weekend with some friends to get in some pre-race practice.

trx450r_ryder
05-13-2004, 11:46 AM
i ac full skids and they are great

440ex dragger
05-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm
Bergy
where at in Wi are you from I live in hudson and have a cabin near spooner. You racing at arkansaw in 2 weeks?

yep I have prm chassis,swingarm,skids and there bumper. Exact fit and very durable.Swing skid is heavy but very strong
What is in Arkansas ?

Bergy
05-13-2004, 04:11 PM
Arkansaw,WI
First round of the Wisconsin Quad Series
May 15th

440ex dragger
05-13-2004, 04:12 PM
Oh my bad I thought you were like talking about Arkansas the state

Shawn H
05-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Actually I'm no MX guy

So I will be going to watch the Quad series on Saturday and race the district Harescramble on Sunday.
I can hit everything on the mx track good and fast but just dont want to be banging bars the whole time.

I like the woods.

quallerd
05-13-2004, 06:30 PM
Pro-tect makes a bullet proof rear skid. It's stainless! Just today I purchased an AXE racing chassis skid; anonidized red! They seem super nice also but I have yet to see it. AXE was absolutely wonderful to deal with though. I'd definately look into them!! I think they are probably about the best out rite now. Check them out on their site http://axeracing.com/cgi-bin/axeracing/index.cgi?