PDA

View Full Version : 250r value?

wwclea01
05-05-2004, 07:46 PM
I have seen lately some pretty nice r's going for pretty cheap. It kinda has me worried that the value on them is dropping. Do you all think the value is going to drop on them or are people just selling them cheap to get the new 450's.

416exmx
05-05-2004, 08:11 PM
yeah the value of a R is dropping because everyone wants the new 450's.. funny thing is that if they are slow on a R, they are still gonna be slow on a 450...

beak7707
05-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Yeah man they are dropping, stick to your roots and stay with it. Either that or wait a while the 450 buzz will die out someday and people might look at the old R's again. I have heard of a few stories where people sold thier 450's to get an R again.

seven
05-05-2004, 09:05 PM
I think the 2 stroke is a dying breed. The longer you hold out the less they are worth. I think its 2006 they are going to stop making 2 strokes all together. I may be wrong. If that happens oil for them will go up and there value will go down even more.

Syrus
05-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by seven
I think the 2 stroke is a dying breed. The longer you hold out the less they are worth. I think its 2006 they are going to stop making 2 strokes all together. I may be wrong. If that happens oil for them will go up and there value will go down even more.

As far as i remember, its 2008, could be wrong. I think they have already banned all 2-strokes in Cali havent they ?

seven
05-06-2004, 07:19 AM
I dont know for sure. I had a nice 250R and I recently sold it. I still liked the quad but I wanted to get rid of it before it wasnt worth anything. Like when the YFZ 450 came out the 400 and the 250r lost a lot of resale value.

lil400exman
05-06-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by seven
I dont know for sure. I had a nice 250R and I recently sold it. I still liked the quad but I wanted to get rid of it before it wasnt worth anything. Like when the YFZ 450 came out the 400 and the 250r lost a lot of resale value.
seven i think your wrong there. It will still be allowed to go on public lands. Same with a Banshee or any 2 stroke dirtbike. They wont be able to ride the public land without better emissions but the older ones will be free. Kind of like muscle cars when the EPA hit. Now look at them!:eek2:

seven
05-06-2004, 11:01 AM
I hope so. But I think with all the new 4 stroke technology eventually they will be gone. Look at the gate at any mx race, All 4 stroke any more. I know a lot of it has to do with the top riders trying to get factory sponcers, But what dealer would sponcer a quad that the genaral public cant buy any more except for used. SO that leaves trails, wich 4 strokes are more suited for, and sand were the 2 stroke is king. I just keep seeing nice Rs going for cheap.

JTRtrx250r
05-06-2004, 01:24 PM
I was also pretty bummed to see them go for as cheap as they have been, but it really dont matter to me...the R is and will always be my fav, Im not selling it ...especially for a 4 stroke, I feel no need at all to try and "keep up w/ the Jones's". I also still think the R looks so much better than these new units,but thats just me...to each his own right?;)

I just wish they would let the R run w/ the newer 4strokes and let the pro's make that decision themselves and not the factorys or race promoters:rolleyes:

quadrcr161
05-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r

I just wish they would let the R run w/ the newer 4strokes and let the pro's make that decision themselves and not the factorys or race promoters:rolleyes:

same here, the value of the 250r wont bother me, maybe it will help me pick another one up cheep. ive got 2 at home and i do not plan on selling them. if i didnt have to replace front bearings and had to buy gas i would race it this weekend instead of my 450r.

AndrewRRR
05-06-2004, 02:01 PM
I think the 450's are the "hot ticket" now but the values of the R's will come back once everyone has a 450. It's hard to beat the exhiliration of a 2 stroke once you get on the pipe. You gotta love the sound too, no offense to anybody but man I hate the sound of piped 4 strokes, bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
That said, I will probably sell my R and get a YFZ just because I want a fast, reliable, fairly stock bike to play and do a little MX on. If I could keep my R and get a new bike I would but I don't have that kind of free cash. I know i'll miss it.
I will especially need a good running backup bike if I go hog wild with my banshee (which knowing me, i'm sure I will).