PDA

View Full Version : Jetting help quick, please

04trx450R
05-05-2004, 05:53 PM
I just tore my 450 down to check the valve clearance, it is good, but anyway, I want to tke out the baffle and remove the snorkle or air box lid, the biggest jet I have around is a 155, do you tink it will be ok,, will moving the needle all the way up compensate,,,, its a lot harder to do this on this bike than my others as you have to take everyting apart to do the needle, So I'd like to get it right the first time,, I ive on the south shore of MA. near the ocean so I must be close to sea level, dont know my exact elevation

04trx450R
05-05-2004, 06:37 PM
OK, well, I'm just gonna go try it,,, I am gonna raise the needle all the way,, put in the 155,,,,, remove the baffe/spark arrestor,,,, remove air box lid,,, I'll let ya know if it works,, I am just afraid of being to lean, I know when I removed my airbox lid for the hell of it, it ran like crap,,,, so hopefully the 155 will make up for it,,,,,

04trx450R
05-05-2004, 08:01 PM
OK, well I did it, No lid, no spark arrestor, 155 an, needle adjusted full rich,,, I only got to go for a short ride as it is almost 10 pm,,,,, But wow, what a difference for no money at all,,, it deffinantly pulls harder, the front end comes up easier, and oddly enough allthough these should be top end mods, the low end is way better too,,,,, I can now let it idle in first gear and walk next to it,,,, before I couldn't,, that comes in handy at night when you dont want to get caught riding on the street,,,,,,,,, only thing I dont like is it is LOUD,, the intake noise and the exhaust make for LOUD,,,, I cant wait till I ge a real pipe and hopefully at least a k&n air box lid,, I need a lid as I ride in a lot of mud and water, but for now I'll deal with it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Anyway, if yopurs is stock, and you want some more power for no money,,,,, it works just letting it breath a little better

04trx450R
05-06-2004, 06:54 PM
OK, today I actually ot to ride it for while,,,, Yes it pulls harder down low, but I am not happy with it on top,,,, plus it is way too loud, well at least for as loud as it is it sounds like sh8, I was gonaa rip it apart and put it back to stock, but I called my dealer and heis gonna hook me up with an HRC kit cheap,, so I'll be putting that in tommorow,,,,,,, If you do want t do the previous mods though,,,, leave the needle in the stock postion at first, I found mine to be running a little rich in the midrange, ,,,,,, anywy, HRC tommorow