PDA

View Full Version : Help Wrist??!?!?!?

MOOCAZEN
03-18-2002, 04:38 PM
IM DOING MOTOCROSS RIGHT NOW AND WHEN I GET TO CORNERS I USE FROTN BRAKE AND ACCELERATE OUT JUST FINE, BUT MY PROBLEM IS IM RUNNING PROTAPER CR LOW BEND AND MY WRIST ALWAYS HURT, CAUSE WHEN I HIT FRONT BRAKES IM RIDING UP HIGH IN THE FRONT , DO YOU GUYS THINKS ITS CAUSE MY BARS ARE TOO LOW, OR AM I RIDING TO MUCH TO THE FRONT , LET ME KNOW THNX, THEY HURT WHEN TURNING

400MXer
03-18-2002, 08:15 PM
i have the same problem.....i always jam my wrist's and they constantly hurt. my bars are 400ex bend...but i have some T-2's in the box ready to put on....so it couldn't be the hight of the bar that's doing it.

superraptor
03-20-2002, 03:42 PM
hey guys i dont know if this is a fesaible option for you, but i would go and have them x-rayed. i had the same problems you have and it turned out both my wrist were fractured.:(

400MXer
03-20-2002, 04:01 PM
Really...wow. my wrist's have been like this for a couple years. it started when jumped to grab the basketball hoop, swong and fell on my back but i put my hands back, that's when my wrist's started beging a pain in the *****. I constatnly jam my wrist's. and they constantly hurt during racing season. but they wouldn't stay fractured for this long would htey? wouldn't they heal eventually?

superraptor
03-20-2002, 10:51 PM
if you are constantly using your wrist and or jamming them a fracture will not heal. the doc told me it takes 6 weeks in a cast to heal a fracture completly. it took 8 weeks for my left one to heal in a cast. my right wrist was never put in one. it still hurt and has been for the last 3 months. i wouls have them checked to be on the safe side.

beerock
03-20-2002, 11:40 PM
You wanna hear about bad hands/wrists????

I was practicing at a local track in manahawkin A long time ago on my 1993 cr125. (couches pit- no longer couches pit, but a gravel pit now)

I hit this jump and came down right before the lip of a whoop and spiked my wrists, I completely bottomed the suspension and actually bent my bars down a bit because I hit so hard.

I landed and went around the next turn and slowed down and got off the track.

My hands didnt hurt that bad.

a week later I had put my hand flat on a table and kept feeling like there was a ball under my hand.

It felt this way on both hands, I kept wondering what it was.

then I realized that I bruised my inner hands from the bottoming of the suspension.

damn it hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyhow...........

there are two thing to do for your wrists on a quad.

1: houser wrist wrester. ( I dont have one but my friend swears by it)- but he swears by everything on his bike so it doenst say much.

2: +2+1 steering stem (me and my friend swear by these)
regardless if you have a large tank or not. The longer stem reduces fatigue, it also gives you more control of the bike and makes it easier to throw around.

you can also stand up straight and ride the bike without hunching over like you would have to do with a stock length steering stem.

take it from me, the +2+1 stem is the way to go!!!!!!!

it will help you!!!!!!!

it also helped me with my twist throttle.

go for the +2+1 steering stem, you can thank me later!!!!!!

400MXer
03-21-2002, 01:04 PM
how do you get a +1 forward steering stem? does it look diff. or are there different mounts?

MOOCAZEN
03-21-2002, 01:12 PM
THINK IT DOES THOSE ARE MOSTLY FOR CROSS COUNTRY OR DESERT FOR THE BIG TANKS

beerock
03-21-2002, 05:36 PM
The top piece is curved instead of straight and it makes the bars forward an inch

the +2 stem is used by motocrossers to, so they can throw the bike around better, it gives more levrage.....

BLURR250X
03-21-2002, 07:27 PM
I have problems with my left wrist. Last racing season I jammed it pretty bad and wore a cast for about 8 weeks. It still hurts sometimes. The doc said if it still hurt after a while i might have to get i operated on but I don't have time for that now that racing is starting again. Now I ride with a brace and it seems to help a little but I still jam my wrist once in a while. I am going to get some better suspension too which could have been half the reason why I jammed my wrist so bad the first time.Just my thoughts don't know if it will help any.

beerock
03-21-2002, 08:02 PM
here is my +2+1 stem

MOOCAZEN
03-22-2002, 07:46 AM
DO U HAVE A FRICKIN PROBLEM OR SOMETHING, DAMN, IM SICK OF YOU ATTACKING PEOPLE, WHAT I SAID WAS SINCE 400MXER ASKED IF THEY MADE IT OR HOW IT LOOKED, I TOLD HIM THEY WERE MOSTLY USED FOR DESERT OR CROSS COUNTRY, GET A FRICKIN LIFE INSTEAD OF ATTACKING PEOPLE

beerock
03-22-2002, 09:02 AM
aaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh matey!!!!!!!!!:p

exriderdude
03-22-2002, 07:12 PM
hey guys, calm down now:macho :D

RollAxis400ex
03-30-2002, 11:59 AM
i have found the best thing for my left wrist
it is call the Boyesen flex-glip

dessigned to reduce arm pump, blisters and wrist injuries to the left hand. allows a limited degree of give when hitting whoops or landing from big jumps. Nine different combinations of flex resistance available with kit.
chaparral has it for 34.99 when i got it from my honda dealer after tax and shipping it was like 59.00
i just put it on yesterday havent had a chance to try it out yet but it feels nice

MOOCAZEN
04-02-2002, 07:57 AM
YEAH I SAW THEM FOR 49.95, DO YOU THINK THEY WILL WORK, WHAT DO YOU THINK, IM ALSO THINKING OF GETTING SOME OF THOSE WORKS CONNECTION FRAME GUARDS, THEY DONT LOOK AS UGLY AS THOSE HUGE ***** DG ONES, ALL MY PAINT IS RUBBING OFF AND ONE COVERS THE BRAKE RESERVOIR, SINCE IVE STARTED PRACTICING ABT 3-4 TIMES A WEEK, THE PAINT IS COMING OFF LIKE NOTHING NOW

PsychoDave
04-08-2002, 02:36 PM
i just masturbate a lot and my wrists are VERY strong.....LOL i bet this will be edited....but it is funny while it lasts......LOLOLOLOL

kaneman23
04-12-2002, 06:28 AM
I do the samething and no problems here either...:D Seriously, I am a bodybuilder and push tons of weight around in the gym. I have popeye forearms and very stong grip/wrist strength as a result. My wrists/forearms/hands never bother me or fatique while riding. If you guys would pump some iron you would solve most of your problems. If if you don't like to lift weights you could still do some forearms and wrist exercises to prevent injury.