PDA

View Full Version : Rear shocks rebuild?

greco400
05-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Im looking to send my rear shock to get revavled.. Im bottoming out to much on my rear (im getting works front shocks) but anyways how much is it going to be and who to send it to I would like to get a ssd spring also

thanks !

05-05-2004, 12:35 PM
IF you want a SSD spring that means you want an ELKA rebuild I would say send it to theQuadshop then. If you are just wanting a dual rate spring that sags more than stock (which is what a SSD spring does) I would say send it to DeRisi racing!

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-05-2004, 03:00 PM
if you are going to get the rear ssd then make sure you do the fronts to match.

atl_josh
05-05-2004, 05:07 PM
why would you want the fronts to match?

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-05-2004, 05:18 PM
the ssd makes the quad sit quite a bit lower so the fronts with no ssd will make the quad sit high in the front and the quad should sit level or just a tad bit lower in the rear.

greco400
05-05-2004, 06:32 PM
thanks!!

foleyit
05-05-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
the ssd makes the quad sit quite a bit lower so the fronts with no ssd will make the quad sit high in the front and the quad should sit level or just a tad bit lower in the rear.

Very curious so excuse my lack of knowledge on SSD. I'm currently running with some Works Triple Rate w/rez. However, I am still running my stock shock in the rear. I don't race but ride hard on trails and in the sand. I wanted to get my rear rebuilt. The cost is going to be about $240 to have it rebuilt by Works. I assume they will be using the stock spring? Should I consider an SSD spring?

CatMostFeared
05-06-2004, 01:01 AM
SSD is better known as Self Sagging Device.Which is also called
Zero Preload.This will lower your ride high but is adjustable.When converting your rear shock to SSD there is t 2 springs involved.
The main spring which will be Heavier than your stock spring and A light spring.This lets your shocks work off your valving for smooth and small bumps.On hard hits your main spring takes over kind off like a over load.

For example if you where cruizing down a dirt road and one of your wheels where to go down in a pot hoe or ditch then your quad would lean into the ditch.

With SSD your shochs are in a sag mode which are compressed about 1- 2"Then going over the ditch your wheel would drop down in the ditch keeping your quad lever and soaking up the hit.

Far the rear riding over the ditch your rear wheel would drop riding out the crove of the ditch dropping the wheels instead of the rear off the quad.

If your thinking going with SSD and front works shocks send me a pm and I'll help you set them up.

Colby@C&DRacing
05-06-2004, 09:38 AM
If you don't what the ssd rear them we can revalve and respring the rear to match the fronts along with your weight and riding style.