PDA

View Full Version : physical Therapy needed for hands...

QuadJunkies
05-05-2004, 12:49 AM
Im about sick and tired of all the pain and fatigue I get in my hands and wrists.......:( Im at whitts end on making things abit easier for me to ride/race...I have went with aftermarket shocks,OURY grips,Anti Vibe,new cables ,steering damper...I swell up ,inflammation, numbness and I get Hand fatigue HORRIBLY:mad: I have Tendonitis all the way into my elbows and have slight Carpel Tunnel:( . I REFUSE to let this get me down!!!But I was told to try doing some strenthening excersies at home but Im clueless what to do :confused: :confused: ...Does ANYONE have first hand experience with this and can give me some info or know where I can find it?? I refuse to have surgery seems like its not the answer anyhow,most will just get it back over time anyhow.....:rolleyes: ..
This has to be my biggest set back when riding........Any help would be great.;)

batgeek
05-05-2004, 01:18 AM
- get a squooshy ball and smoosh that whenever you are bored.

- get a pole, about 14" in length, tie a rope(about 2-3' long) to the middle. at the other end attach a small weight. grab both ends of the pole and roll the pole to make the rope wrap around the pole until the weight is all the way up. then unwind the rope using the same motion. (start with a light weight, and work your way heavier as it gets easier) *attach handlebar grips at the ends of the pole for better grip*

edit: oh! i found a commercial product that does this! Wrist Ripper! (http://www.wristripper.com/)

- fore-arm curls

- reverse for-arm curls

i used all of these when i played baseball, and they work very well. though i gotta warn you about the squooshy ball...since you have mild CTS, these may aggravate or worsen your condition. i have some friends that have had success with this product for their CTS, Dyna Flex Gyro (http://www.dynaflex-intl.com/gyro_info.htm)

hope this helps QJ :D

AtvMxRider
05-05-2004, 07:57 AM
You need to try more of this

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/atvmxrider/strokin.gif

:devil:

knighttime
05-05-2004, 08:21 AM
get a sabona copper wristband

SSRedRider
05-05-2004, 09:01 AM
I have this problem at the start of racing season. This year was the worst. When I raced the NC GNCC, after the first lap I couldn't use my hands or forearms. I was in second place. After dropping all the way back to 6th place my arms finally came back on the last lap and I made the last placque, 5th. I was thinking that I am done I can't do this anymore, but being the person I am, I also said I am not letting this get to me. I found out that it was a combination of things that was affecting me. 1st, since I live in Indiana, the weather wasn't fit to ride much over the winter. 2nd, I also love Cokes, the carbination is killer on your arms if you drink them a lot a couple of days before you race. 3rd, sinuses, if you can't breathe, you won't get the air you need to go on. Your extremities are the first ones affected, arm and hands. 4th, I wasn't eating right, junk food just doesn't give you energy just fat cells.

So I now ride more, 2-3 times a week and I try to ride like I am in a race. Then I quite drinking cokes 3 days before I race. Stay away from carbonated drinks. Next I went to the drugstore and got some sinuses meds. Now I watch what I eat.

At the last three races, my arm pump has gone away and i'm racing like I should be again. This is what worked for me. Hope this helps.

I also saw where Santo Derisi exercises before the race to help stop arm pump.

QuadJunkies
05-05-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

:devil: LMAO!!!!!! I do believe thats what got me this way to begin with!:eek: :o :devil:

QuadJunkies
05-05-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by SSRedRider
I have this problem at the start of racing season. This year was the worst. When I raced the NC GNCC, after the first lap I couldn't use my hands or forearms. I was in second place. After dropping all the way back to 6th place my arms finally came back on the last lap and I made the last placque, 5th. I was thinking that I am done I can't do this anymore, but being the person I am, I also said I am not letting this get to me. I found out that it was a combination of things that was affecting me. 1st, since I live in Indiana, the weather wasn't fit to ride much over the winter. 2nd, I also love Cokes, the carbination is killer on your arms if you drink them a lot a couple of days before you race. 3rd, sinuses, if you can't breathe, you won't get the air you need to go on. Your extremities are the first ones affected, arm and hands. 4th, I wasn't eating right, junk food just doesn't give you energy just fat cells.

So I now ride more, 2-3 times a week and I try to ride like I am in a race. Then I quite drinking cokes 3 days before I race. Stay away from carbonated drinks. Next I went to the drugstore and got some sinuses meds. Now I watch what I eat.

At the last three races, my arm pump has gone away and i'm racing like I should be again. This is what worked for me. Hope this helps.

I also saw where Santo Derisi exercises before the race to help stop arm pump. I know what your saying, but my issues really arent from this I can safefully say;) BUT....... Before a race....I do try to get a jump on warming up my muscles.since alot of the summers races are early in the morning Im still a bit stiff,so I do stretch and I also Use Bengay....THAT alone seems to help a little.I also use nose spray to help breathe better since this is allergy season that helps also.......
My condition I have had almost 10 years now,its starting to effect my thumbs alot this year I notice....:( I dont know about you ....but I notice once my arm muscles have a chance to warm up, all my arm pump or fatigue goes away for the day.......

BatGeek.Thanks for all the good info........Ill check it out!!

hondarider2006
05-05-2004, 10:57 AM
just wondering.....have you ever thought of going with the hydrolic clutch??

popo
05-05-2004, 11:13 AM
Wonder if the Oury grip you are using is to fat, causing your hand to go numb.

I can send you a couple sets of Spider Grips, which have the same cusion as an oury. Traci Tecco also uses them and she really likes them

Sent me a pm with you home info, and I will send them out.

Also ask Alan Gerkey, aka the motocross trainer.

Motocross Training Fourm (http://p199.ezboard.com/fmotocrosstrainingfrm1)

sly400ex
05-05-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
LMAO!!!!!! I do believe thats what got me this way to begin with!:eek: :o :devil:

*gulp* haha, my kinda woman!!!;)

Seriously though, try what batgeek mentioned, that helps a lot!

LTandRaptorider
05-05-2004, 07:47 PM
LMAO!!!!!! I do believe thats what got me this way to begin with!:eek: :o :devil:

Your jaw muscles ok??!!:eek2: :devil:

I had carpal tunnel surgery done on my right hand, I wouldn't recommend it. if only I would've switched to my left hand sooner... :o They tried a cortisone injection, right in the palm first. I said even if this works, we won't be doing that again! It didn't work, so they did the surgery. try the exercises the others said. Do you have a job with repetitive motion that is causing you problems? Any thing that bends the wrist up constantly can cause damage. I also injured both of my elbows a few years ago, taking a chip out of both of them. Everyday I take about 8 Naproxen pills for my previus injuries... :(

Oh... and some alcohol... :blah:

2001400ex
05-05-2004, 08:13 PM
I'm not sure if this will count as physical therapy - but I'll share the story incase you decide to try this.

Not very long ago, one of my good friends went in to her oral surgeon's office because she needed to have her wisdom teeth taken out. Due to the fact that the guy is a total ****ing retarded peice of ****...when she woke up she couldn't feel her left thumb, and left pointer finger. She is a tiny bit paralysed I guess you can say in her left arm...she can move the arm up and down but it takes some effort for her to move it side to side, and it's hard for her to grip things tight, but she can make a tight fist. She went to a local doctor around here and now he has her wearing a type of arm stocking that helps circulate the blood better, and an arm brace when she goes to bed at night. She says it helps a little bit...so I guess you can try an arm stocking and an arm brace before and after your races...?

SGA
05-05-2004, 11:34 PM
Batgeeks idea is a good one.
Now, How does getting your wisdom teeth out affect the feeling in your hand?:confused:

QuadJunkies
05-06-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Your jaw muscles ok??!!

I had carpal tunnel surgery done on my right hand, I wouldn't recommend it. if only I would've switched to my left hand sooner... :o They tried a cortisone injection, right in the palm first. I said even if this works, we won't be doing that again! It didn't work, so they did the surgery. try the exercises the others said. Do you have a job with repetitive motion that is causing you problems? Any thing that bends the wrist up constantly can cause damage. I also injured both of my elbows a few years ago, taking a chip out of both of them. Everyday I take about 8 Naproxen pills for my previus injuries... :(

Oh... and some alcohol... :blah: Jaw muscles..LMAO!!!! Thats what caused my TMJ?????!!!:eek: :o ;)

Yes..I have thought about a hydraulic clutch alot.If my sponsorship goes threw, I will get one.....:)

I do 10- key alot so this is maybe some of what causes issues with my hands as well....I know the cold makes it tough too, I rememberthis winter flattrackin many times my elbows would hurt BAD. Itsa certain motion that will do it or beinding certain ways..For example......If Im to lift something up with my arms straight in front of me and lift upwards or ourwards, I simply am not able to do it cause the pain is so intense......:( or crankin my handlbars into a corner will do it sometimes too....The Dr.'s wanted to do surgery a long time ago and I wouldnt let them do it, My sis had it done and wished she hadnt now.:confused:

QuadJunkies
05-06-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by knighttime
get a sabona copper wristband what is that???Ive never heard of that before.......

LTandRaptorider
05-06-2004, 08:36 AM
what is that???Ive never heard of that before.......

TMJ!!! You ARE a good woman!:D I'll have to keep an eye on your marital status!;)

That's one of those copper bracelets you can buy in stores, they are supposed to use the bodies magnetic energy to promote healing... don't know if they really work. I wouldn't recommend the surgery either, unless your hand is completely numb. Yes, the cold is a ****** on old injuries. I limp on wet and cold mornings, and my various old injuries hurt during and after riding. :( But I like to ride, so I put up with the pain. Probably won't be able to move when I'm 60, but I don't plan on living that long anyway! :p

RytM1
05-06-2004, 08:40 AM
I don't think that this would work in your situation, but the big talk on the Chicago news stations today is that an ESPN reporter that Moises Alou confided in during an interview, let it slip that Alou urinates on his hands to toughen them up, which is why he doesn't wear a glove when he bats. :eek2: :huh

lol
05-06-2004, 08:42 AM
definitely do wat batgeek said

dirtmomma
05-06-2004, 08:59 AM
Oh good GOD woman you sound as bad as me LMAO :) It SUCKS to get old dont' it :eek: I have the same problems w/ my wrists & elbows :rolleyes: I got one of those hand exercisers that you squeeze, I do that then I also started drinking more H2O before/during the races, granted I'm constantly in the bathroom but I have noticed a difference!! I also use the BenGay (got the idea from you :)) It seems like if I don't hang on as tight It also feels alot better, RELAX ;) I think I'll hve to go read up on what Batgeek posted also I"m sure it can help everyone!! I always cringe when I hear the amount of laps we will be doing @ the races hahaha

LTandRaptorider
05-06-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by RytM1
I don't think that this would work in your situation, but the big talk on the Chicago news stations today is that an ESPN reporter that Moises Alou confided in during an interview, let it slip that Alou urinates on his hands to toughen them up, which is why he doesn't wear a glove when he bats. :eek2: :huh

Well, I've inadvertantly pissed on my feet a few times... and noticed it doesn't hurt to walk barefoot on gravel now!:eek2: :p

dirtmomma
05-06-2004, 09:06 AM
Well, I've inadvertantly pissed on my feet a few times... and noticed it doesn't hurt to walk barefoot on gravel now!:eek2: :p

LMAO only you HAHAHA

QuadJunkies
05-06-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by RytM1
I don't think that this would work in your situation, but the big talk on the Chicago news stations today is that an ESPN reporter that Moises Alou confided in during an interview, let it slip that Alou urinates on his hands to toughen them up, which is why he doesn't wear a glove when he bats. :eek2: :huh Whaaaaaaaaa??????:huh Are you serious?????? ewwwwwww........:o

QuadJunkies
05-06-2004, 10:09 AM
Well, I've inadvertantly pissed on my feet a few times... and noticed it doesn't hurt to walk barefoot on gravel now!:eek2: :p LMAO!!!!!!!!

QuadJunkies
05-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Oh good GOD woman you sound as bad as me LMAO :) It SUCKS to get old dont' it :eek: I have the same problems w/ my wrists & elbows :rolleyes: I got one of those hand exercisers that you squeeze, I do that then I also started drinking more H2O before/during the races, granted I'm constantly in the bathroom but I have noticed a difference!! I also use the BenGay (got the idea from you :)) It seems like if I don't hang on as tight It also feels alot better, RELAX ;) I think I'll have to go read up on what Batgeek posted also I"m sure it can help everyone!! I always cringe when I hear the amount of laps we will be doing @ the races hahaha I drink as much water as Im used to,anymore water duringa race and Ill be late for my own race being stuck on the pot!!:o :p I learned that the last race but I drink A TON the day and night before....I think I am actually starting to loosen up my grip compared to last year, I used to blister alot last year and I white knuckled alot, this year I dont .LOL..Getting old does suck,unfortunatly this was kickin in BEFORE I was old!!:mad: BTW girl..I start my summer series tomorrow.......:macho in the mens class.......

dirtmomma
05-06-2004, 10:17 AM
I drink as much water as Im used to,anymore water duringa race and Ill be late for my own race being stuck on the pot!!:o :p I learned that the last race but I drink A TON the day and night before....I think I am actually starting to loosen up my grip compared to last year, I used to blister alot last year and I white knuckled alot, this year I dont .LOL..Getting old does suck,unfortunatly this was kickin in BEFORE I was old!!:mad: BTW girl..I start my summer series tomorrow.......:macho in the mens class.......

GOOD LUCK!!! Go kick some mens' *** hehehe, wish I was racing this weekend :grr: still isn't done man this better be a damn good port/polish job :( I'm starting to have major withdrawls LOL

xr50layke
05-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

:devil:

my thoughts exactly.

LTandRaptorider
05-06-2004, 10:52 AM
I drink as much water as Im used to,anymore water duringa race and Ill be late for my own race being stuck on the pot!!:o :p I learned that the last race but I drink A TON the day and night before....I think I am actually starting to loosen up my grip compared to last year, I used to blister alot last year and I white knuckled alot, this year I dont .LOL..Getting old does suck,unfortunatly this was kickin in BEFORE I was old!!:mad: BTW girl..I start my summer series tomorrow.......:macho in the mens class.......

Don't you know pot is bad for you... kills brain cells? Ohhh you meant the pot you pizz in... We'll hold you up at the race just by locking the porta-potty door!! :devil: You two complaining about getting old... you're still youngsters!:p Now go do some wrist and jaw exercises... I think I have video of that somewhere... :eek: :blah:

QuadJunkies
05-06-2004, 10:57 AM
Don't you know pot is bad for you... kills brain cells? Ohhh you meant the pot you pizz in... We'll hold you up at the race just by locking the porta-potty door!! :devil: You two complaining about getting old... you're still youngsters!:p Now go do some wrist and jaw exercises... I think I have video of that somewhere... :eek: :blah: ROFL!!!!!!Its not going to stop me .....It just slows me down is all........;) But I can still whoop up on some of the half my age!!:macho

LTandRaptorider
05-06-2004, 11:05 AM
ROFL!!!!!!Its not going to stop me .....It just slows me down is all........;) But I can still whoop up on some of the half my age!!:macho

I have no doubt of that, and leave us smiling while your whooping our butts! :D

Guess you gals would have a harder time of it when you gotta pee... I just let it hang down and hope nothing gets caught in the chain! :eek: :eek2: :blah:

QuadJunkies
05-06-2004, 11:15 AM
I have no doubt of that, and leave us smiling while your whooping our butts! :D

Guess you gals would have a harder time of it when you gotta pee... I just let it hang down and hope nothing gets caught in the chain! :eek: :eek2: :blah: LOL!!!!! Yeah, us girls just hope we dont get hit by a headwind and fall over:eek2: :o ....

LTandRaptorider
05-06-2004, 11:54 AM
LOL!!!!! Yeah, us girls just hope we dont get hit by a headwind and fall over:eek2: :o ....

LMFAO!!!:D :D

Oh chit, that's funny... I got a visual of that! If you fall over, keep your face out of the wet bush... so to speak! :devil:

seven
05-06-2004, 12:08 PM
I dont know what grips you have on your quad but If they are to big around to fit in your hand you will lose grip in a hurry. I personally dont like the bigger grips for this reason. Its like you have to hold on more with your fingers instead of your whole hane if that makes any sense. Try a few out and find out what works for you. May not make it go away but it could help.

2001400ex
05-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Batgeeks idea is a good one.
Now, How does getting your wisdom teeth out affect the feeling in your hand?:confused:

He cut part of a nerve in her mouth which he wasn't supposed to.

QuadJunkies
05-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by seven
I dont know what grips you have on your quad but If they are to big around to fit in your hand you will lose grip in a hurry. I personally dont like the bigger grips for this reason. Its like you have to hold on more with your fingers instead of your whole hane if that makes any sense. Try a few out and find out what works for you. May not make it go away but it could help. I have the OURY's I love them so far, but Maybe they are too wide for me....POPO is gonna let me try out the Spider grips and see if they help some....:)

chad cavagnaro
05-06-2004, 01:47 PM
hey, i work in a pys. therapy office. ive been reading all this and lot of people have good ideas. batgeek had some very good advise, along with a smaller diam grip. i showed youre complaints to my boss; hes a phys .ther. & a chiropractor. he gave me this handout titled: "the no-arthritis nightshade elimination diet"
it is basically cutting out certain foods, drinks and tobacco products that cause inflamation, stiffness, and pain in the joints especially weather related. it is kinda long so if you are interested i could fax it to you, if you want to p.m. me your #.
if you dont have one or if anyone else is interested ill post it on here. but i would def. do those exercises batgeek spoke of, i do those in our gym myself and they work well for me.
good luck, chad

SSRedRider
05-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Chad, I would like to have a copy of "the no-arthritis nightshade elimination diet", sounds like something I need to check out. If you would send me a copy I will give you a fax number to send it to or however. Thanks in advance.

Woodsrider
05-06-2004, 07:30 PM
Deffinatly post it on here. I dont have a fax. What about scanning it to a word doc, then emailing it?

JabberJaw
05-06-2004, 07:55 PM
I have the perfect solution... ask someone to lend you a hand, and dont give it back! Do that two times, and you are set!!!

chad cavagnaro
05-06-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by JabberJaw
I have the perfect solution... ask someone to lend you a hand, and dont give it back! Do that two times, and you are set!!!

what a goober!!!:D
tomorrow i will just type it out, im at my mothers house and it is at work, o.k.? o.k.

Cody_300ex
05-06-2004, 08:06 PM

Jabbers back to his old self again!!! lol

JabberJaw
05-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by chad cavagnaro
what a goober!!!:D

You can't call me a goober until you have at least 100 posts....site rules!

Ohio R
05-06-2004, 09:01 PM
. He explained that alot of people have pinched nerves in their shoulder. Thats the big bank of nerves going to your hands and arms.After he took some x rays, I could see what he was talking about. I went to him 3 days a week for about a month and a half. And presto, almost all feeling has been restored. They still hurt a bit when I ride or do repetitive things. But at least I have the use back. I go back for adjustments every now and again. Best thing I ever did.. Feel free to pm or email if you want to talk more about it. Hope this helps ya.Wow.....I DO have prpblems with pinched nerves in my neck and shoulders.Also triggers Migraines, Im not tlaking a bad headache.Im talkin FULL BLOWN MIGRAINES:mad: I have seen Chiros. since I was about 15 years old for this,I have irreversabile damage to one vertabrea(sp?) from something when I was younger(not sure what) but he said it looked liek a took a Blow to my head or something probably as a child....It did help some with getting treatments,but as most people know..Insurnace will only pay for so much and they wanted me in three days a week for a month then two, then one then every other month PLUS.......a massage therapist to loosen up knotted mucles( I dont adj. well cause Im always so tense) and unltrasound AND the electro therapy( I think thats what its called, I call it heaven!) upper shoulder and neck have a contnat Burn to them, this was the pinched nerves I gather my Dr. Talks about....Gee...The more I talk about it ,the more I feel Im falling apart!!:p I just live with it, but some days are alot worse than others.

Lil - Braff
05-06-2004, 09:24 PM
QuadJunkies... I have a similar problem to yours. I have been in gymnastics/cheerleading almost all my life so I have weak wrists so sometimes before races I'll wrap my wrist w/ this tape and under wrap stuff. Seems to help me some but don't know how much help it would be to you with all the other stuff. Hope ya find something that helps! :)

Ryan
05-06-2004, 09:28 PM
I used to have week wrists as a kid....... I started lifting weights, doing some wrist curls with weights and push ups......... Solved ;)

But if you have carpel tunnel, Im not sure if there is much you can do.

LTandRaptorider
05-06-2004, 09:35 PM

Something like that happened to me... a guy at work lost a hand in an accident. One day as I went by, he was trying to open a door as he was carrying his lunch. Not thinking, which is normal for me... I asked him if he needed a hand. :eek: He wasn't amused, but hey, it was an honest mistake.

Then on my way home, I saw a guy with one leg hitch hiking... :devil:

QuadJunkies
05-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
Deffinatly post it on here. I dont have a fax. What about scanning it to a word doc, then emailing it? Im in the same vote.....:(

chad cavagnaro
I apprecaite you taking the time and asking your physician there!! That was very nice of you to do......;) Any other way to post it w/o it taking up all the bandwidth???:o

QuadJunkies
05-07-2004, 12:32 AM
I have the perfect solution... ask someone to lend you a hand, and dont give it back! Do that two times, and you are set!!! ROLF!!!!!!! Oh no... between you and LT Im gonna be LMFAO.........:p What the???????? I just typed a Novel and it didnt who up?!!!!!!! Sigh...ok here I go AGAIN..........

Ohio R
I have been going to a Chiro since I was about 15 years old for treatment for pinched nerves....I have a constant BURN in my shoulders and neck that never goes away,kinda feels like a sunburn and if it gets REALLY bad, I literally get the feeling of being "shocked" in my upper extreminities......
This has also let up to HORRIBLE Migraines,and when I say a Migraine. I dont mean a bad headache.I mean a FULL BLOWN MIGRAINE
:mad: I was told about two years ago I had worn a groove in one vertabrae in my neck,he assumed I must have had a Blunt hit to the head ,maybe as a child.,but unsure..Hainvg that keep falling out of Adj. all the time is due to this also he said....
Well, as most of us already knwo, insurance only pays so much, I was getting my treatments three days a week ,then down to two, and so on..On top of that,I had to have a massage therapist do a deep muscle massage before I could even get Adj. because Im so tense all the time..(BTW.If you havnet ever had a massage professonally...You must..its great!).Then ultrasound, then Electro therapy...I would do this until my Insurance would max out and then suffer the rest of the year without.....:( I cant stand the thought of living in and out a Dr.office(please dont take that wrong)Im stubborn like that,besides..Its takes from my "fun money" :D That is why I am trying to find a fix I can work on at home that might help....I cant believe all the responses and great ideas I got!! You guys are great!!!

Sheesh....the more I think about it......the more I realize Im falling apart!!!!:huh :o :p

LTandRaptorider
05-07-2004, 07:53 AM
ROLF!!!!!!! Oh no... between you and LT Im gonna be LMFAO.........:p What the???????? I just typed a Novel and it didnt who up?!!!!!!! Sigh...ok here I go AGAIN..........

Ohio R
I have been going to a Chiro since I was about 15 years old for treatment for pinched nerves....I have a constant BURN in my shoulders and neck that never goes away,kinda feels like a sunburn and if it gets REALLY bad, I literally get the feeling of being "shocked" in my upper extreminities......
This has also let up to HORRIBLE Migraines,and when I say a Migraine. I dont mean a bad headache.I mean a FULL BLOWN MIGRAINE
:mad: I was told about two years ago I had worn a groove in one vertabrae in my neck,he assumed I must have had a Blunt hit to the head ,maybe as a child.,but unsure..Hainvg that keep falling out of Adj. all the time is due to this also he said....
Well, as most of us already knwo, insurance only pays so much, I was getting my treatments three days a week ,then down to two, and so on..On top of that,I had to have a massage therapist do a deep muscle massage before I could even get Adj. because Im so tense all the time..(BTW.If you havnet ever had a massage professonally...You must..its great!).Then ultrasound, then Electro therapy...I would do this until my Insurance would max out and then suffer the rest of the year without.....:( I cant stand the thought of living in and out a Dr.office(please dont take that wrong)Im stubborn like that,besides..Its takes from my "fun money" :D That is why I am trying to find a fix I can work on at home that might help....I cant believe all the responses and great ideas I got!! You guys are great!!!

Sheesh....the more I think about it......the more I realize Im falling apart!!!!:huh :o :p

dam tina, you're falling apart!:eek: I go to the chiro only when things get really bad... like you said, insurance doesn't pay much. about 10 years ago I had blinding pain in my back, went down to my legs. I fell to the floor when I tried to stand. An ortho specialist said I had degenerative discs in the back. More to look forward to as I get older! I've found with constant exercise, and stretching I can keep the pain tolerable. Stretching is very important. Have you tried soaking in a hot tub? I used to have one, loved it. Find a massage therapy school, they charge next to nothing. Course they're just learning... Hope you find something that works, I imagine the migraines have to be the worst to deal with.:( Lots of sex is supposed to be good for curing what ails you! If you need any help...:devil:

QuadJunkies
05-07-2004, 11:50 AM
dam tina, you're falling apart!:eek: I go to the chiro only when things get really bad... like you said, insurance doesn't pay much. about 10 years ago I had blinding pain in my back, went down to my legs. I fell to the floor when I tried to stand. An ortho specialist said I had degenerative discs in the back. More to look forward to as I get older! I've found with constant exercise, and stretching I can keep the pain tolerable. Stretching is very important. Have you tried soaking in a hot tub? I used to have one, loved it. Find a massage therapy school, they charge next to nothing. Course they're just learning... Hope you find something that works, I imagine the migraines have to be the worst to deal with.:( Lots of sex is supposed to be good for curing what ails you! If you need any help...:devil: hahaha......... WEll, I can say there is some truth to that theory too!!!:devil:
A hot tub works great also, I wish I had one......:confused:

LTandRaptorider
05-07-2004, 01:04 PM
hahaha......... WEll, I can say there is some truth to that theory too!!!:devil:
A hot tub works great also, I wish I had one......:confused:

I think I remember what it's like... :o

make your own hot tub. put hot water in the tub, eat lots of beans... and let er rip!! :D May clear sinuses too...:blah:

chad cavagnaro
05-07-2004, 01:14 PM
quoteing
dr. childers, a 93 yr oldhorticulturist at the university of fla., has spent 40 yrs researching nightshade foods. he has found they have glucoalkaloids such as tomatine in tomatoes. consuming foods wich contain these toxic enzymes will cause inflamation and fluid retention throughout the body.symptoms wich can be traced to these four foods include: waking stiffness; muscle and joint pain, aching; weather related symptoms; numbness, tingling; swollen feet, ect.
The four nightshade foods are 1st cousins to tobacco. it makes no more sence consuming these on a egular basis than it would to use tobacco in our food preperation. Giving up these foods is diffacult due to the simular addictive tendencies in tobacco as they all contain significant amounts of nicotine, unbeknownst to most poeple.
It may take weeks to notice a change, yet only days for some. if you follow the elimination diet and want to determine hoe significant these foods really are for u to eat multiple sources of tomatoes, potatoes, peppers and eggplant in any combination for several meals and note how u feel for the next several days. if you are someone who is affected by nightshades, youre symptoms will return in dramatic fashion. EATING THESE FOODS IS LIKE TAKING AN INFLAMATORY PILL AT THE MEAL!

ELIMINATE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE ALL OF THESE-
tomato and tomato based products, i.e. spaghetti sauce, catsup, salsa, soups act.
potatoes [all colors] yams and sweet potatoes are ok to eat.
eggplant
peppers, including products that have pepper addative [oh no!]
tobacco!
additional recomendatios: eliminate; vitamin A products, vitamin D3,
cottonseed oil cooked foods [some pot chips, corn chips, nuts ect. are cooked in this.

this is quoted from www.noarthritis.com copyright 2001 superspine, inc.

these are not necesarily my total opinions, just info passed on so dont be raggin on me. lmao :blah:

QuadJunkies
05-07-2004, 03:15 PM
I think I remember what it's like... :o

make your own hot tub. put hot water in the tub, eat lots of beans... and let er rip!! :D May clear sinuses too...:blah: OMG!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA.......... you are sooo funny.....:p

QuadJunkies
05-07-2004, 03:17 PM
these are not necesarily my total opinions, just info passed on so dont be raggin on me. lmao

:p I would dare!!!!! ;)

tinner
05-07-2004, 03:58 PM
I had tendonitis for a while. The doc gave me a band to wear on my arm. It "changed" where the muscles was pulling from. Basically make a fist ( open & close hand) and use your other hand to clamp around your forearm ( move your "clamp hand" until you can feel that the pressure given makes a difference). See if it helps, if it does, get a band and try. The band didn't do wonders for me but it did help a little when I wore it. Time and taking it a little easier was the cure...hasn't bothered me in a couple years. Everyone is different, hopefully something good comes from the suggestions you've gotten. Good luck.

Ohio R
05-07-2004, 07:47 PM
Tina, your first post to me, is in my post. I was thinking, who in the heck just messed with my post. "hitting my head".. Now I know how it got there. You must of quoted the post and been in mod mode.

QuadJunkies
05-08-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Ohio R
Tina, your first post to me, is in my post. I was thinking, who in the heck just messed with my post. "hitting my head".. Now I know how it got there. You must of quoted the post and been in mod mode. me bad.....:o I was pretty tired last night....:p

brazilian rider
05-08-2004, 03:00 AM
My friend has the same problem and he solved it going trough surgery