PDA

View Full Version : axle carrier?

garett
05-04-2004, 08:59 PM
today i tried to change front sproket to a 14 tooth (renthal) . im so fuggin mad ive never had to tighten chain before. 2003 400ex .i was xcited everyone says to use 14. so i tried to loosen the carrige bolt? the fuggin think cracked how cheap does honda make these things? im a lil mad as you can tell i need help how much does this assembly cost and what do i do . how the hell am i supposed to tighten chain or anything this quad has like 30 hours on it please help me im frustrated. thx

wheeltrax
05-04-2004, 09:06 PM
wait, did you just snape one of the bolts that are on the swingarm that clamps the carrier in? if so, then you can just take the broke one out and put a new bolt in. If you cracked your carrier.. which happens, then you can either buy a stock carrier, or you can buy an aftermarket one. I have an aftermarket one (lonestar). They run roughly 150 bucks, and are dual row bearings, meaning they will last longer than stock. Well sorry that i got confused by what you said, i think i am tired, but i hope this helps you.

garett
05-04-2004, 09:09 PM
no i loosened the 4 bolts alen heads then tried to turn the adjuster it friggin snapped how frustrating over a 25 dollar sproket ;(

garett
05-04-2004, 09:21 PM
they have a lonestar on ebay 139 new is a good 1 to buy or what should i get?

TM426
05-04-2004, 09:28 PM
Yep the stock ones suck. The same thing happened to me, I was ticked off real bad . I went with one off ebay that has a zirk fitting on the side of it for easy greasing . Rad design offers one like this for alot of money, but this ones nice and I got it $115.

wantinga400ex
05-04-2004, 09:34 PM
How did you crack it? just wondering, can you get a pic of the damage?