PDA

View Full Version : Mini Quad Series Southern Calif.

atv4kids
05-04-2004, 08:45 PM
New race series in Southern California All classes of minis, many prizes. Any questions please email me.

In association with Douglas Wheel, Miniatvs.com will co-sponsor and produce the youth atv portion of the “THE DIRT DAYS OF SUMMER” -- a three MX race series at Elsinore Motocross Park in Lake Elsinore, California. Mark your calendars for racing on May 15, June 12 and July 10,

This event will be covered by ATV Sport Magazine, ATV Magazine, H-Bomb Films and other media outlets. This is your chance to be seen!!!!

Miniatvs.com has complete discretion over all 90cc and under youth atvs for this event. The youth riders will share in the bounty of prizes provided by several event sponsors and miniatvs.com.

Currently, we have the following race divisions that could be “adjusted” before the races. After the first race, no adjustments to the race divisions will be made.

Division 1

Production 90 youth atv class -- Novice is group one and Beginner will be group two. Top three riders for each age group trophy. Miniatvs.com reserves the right to hold a single or split gate for this Division.

Division 2

Stock 90 youth atv class -- Top three riders trophy. The stock class will be divided based on engine modifications as described below. Miniatvs.com reserves the right to hold a single or split gate for this Division and this class may run with the Production 90 Beginners.

Division 3

50cc all – 4~6 years of age and 7~9 years of age. Classes will be determined based on attendance at the first race. These riders will run on a TT style track.

All youth atvs must have a functioning engine shut off tether attached to the rider.

Four riders make a class.

Production 90 youth (all ages) -- 93cc limitation (either by bore or stroke). Must use a production atv frame and CVT engine cases (4 strokes may be semi-auto or manual shift). Production frame may have gussets for strength but no additional brackets that aid in the performance of the atv will be allowed. Stock CVT engine cases must be used but they can be modified. All internal modifications are allowed. All suspension modifications are allowed as long as the frame is not modified. Maximum mini atv width is 48” for this event. Nerf bars or another form of side protection is mandatory. Miniatvs.com reserves the right to prevent any Production 90 from racing based on a possible safety issue. Any youth rider who has any medical device must have a medical note stating that the rider can participate in this event.

Stock 90 youth (all ages) -- 89cc limitation.
“A class” Must use a production atv frame and CVT engine (4 strokes may be semi-automatic or manual shift). Stock frames may have gussets for strength but no additional brackets will be allowed. Any atv dirt tire and rim or rim offset may be used. No wheel spacers are allowed. Any stock or aftermarket air filter is allowed. Nerf bars are allowed. Gearing changes are allowed. Clutch modifications and roller weight changes are allowed.
“B class” All of the “A class” rules apply but you can run an aftermarket pipe and carb.

QuadJunkies
05-06-2004, 10:39 AM
very cool! Wish we could go.........:( Is anyone going to take pics???? If so.Please post race coverage here!! We could always use some mini coverage......:blah: :macho

foleyit
05-06-2004, 10:12 PM
My daughter is going to be racing in this series. I probably put some pics up here.

atv4kids
05-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Update:

As of 05/10/2004 this is our current race info and classes. Get there early people The minis race first. We will have a fresh track for our first moto.

Please help spread the word about the race.

Fees have been reduced and are as follows:

Gate fee $10.00 per person

Insurance fee 1 year $20.00 / 1 day only $5.00

Race entry $30.00

Gates open at 7:00 am.

Practice is at 9:00 am.

Racing starts at 10:00 am.

1) Production Division 1 90cc Novice. (Big Track 4 Laps Per Moto)

2) Production Division 1 90cc Beginner (Big Track 4 Laps Per Moto)

3) Stock Division 2 90cc (Big Track 4 laps Per Moto)

4) 50cc 4-6 yrs. Division 3 (Small Track 5 Laps Per Moto)

5) 50cc 7-9 yrs. Division 3 (Small Track 5 Laps Per Moto)

*All above classes race in their own moto. No split gates.

*Each class runs 2 moto’s.

Free ice cream for all Mini Racers compliments of Quad Dawg Racing at each race.

Mini ATVs to provide all trophy’s for all mini’s. (first -third)

Douglas Wheels will provide a full set of mini atv wheels for winner of the three race series (90ccProduction Beginner).

Mini ATVS to provide ( Something Special from Raptor 720) for winner of three race series (90cc Production Novice)

Mini ATVs to provide race pipe for the winner of three race series (90cc Stock)

Mini ATVs to provide nerf bars for the winner of three race series (50cc both classes)

foleyit
05-10-2004, 10:02 PM
hey on the Division 3, 4-6 yrs 50 class. Are you combining stock and modified together?

atv4kids
05-11-2004, 12:25 AM
At this point yes. If we get 4 or more we will make a seperate class.

atv4kids
05-12-2004, 08:50 AM
Anyone out there plan on going?

foleyit
05-12-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by atv4kids
Anyone out there plan on going?

Funny you say ask that. I just finished faxing over our pre-registration entry form for Division 3, for the 4-6 yrs.

atv4kids
05-12-2004, 05:15 PM
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/miniatvs/series-flyer.jpg

foleyit
05-19-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
very cool! Wish we could go.........:( Is anyone going to take pics???? If so.Please post race coverage here!! We could always use some mini coverage......:blah: :macho

Can you believe it -- I forgot the digital camera at home. So I am having to wait for my roll to finish or get closer to end so I can develop film.

atv4kids
06-08-2004, 11:12 PM
Reminder Round 2 this Saturday June 12th.

QuadJunkies
06-09-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by foleyit
Can you believe it -- I forgot the digital camera at home. So I am having to wait for my roll to finish or get closer to end so I can develop film. WEll........How about taking some shots of the Truck, Trailer kids,family dog.....ANYTHING to use up the film!!!:eek2: :p I wanna see the kids!!!:blah: lol.....

foleyit
06-09-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
WEll........How about taking some shots of the Truck, Trailer kids,family dog.....ANYTHING to use up the film!!!:eek2: :p I wanna see the kids!!!:blah: lol.....

Here's a link to see some pics.

http://www.bigkidracing.com/Gallery%205/Lemx/Race%208%20all/index.htm

foleyit
06-25-2004, 11:16 PM
Here are some of my pics at Series 2 of the Dirt Days of Summer. These are the 50cc quads.

foleyit
06-25-2004, 11:17 PM
This is my daughter.

foleyit
06-25-2004, 11:18 PM

foleyit
06-25-2004, 11:23 PM

QuadJunkies
06-26-2004, 09:54 AM
Thank you for sharing those pics foleyit........!!:macho If I can EVER get a chance to take some of our sereis I will, this year they have the mini right after all the other quads and I race right after the kids so its hard to get any footage this year..:(

atv4kids
07-05-2004, 03:33 PM
Reminder!!

July 10th final race of the series.

Come join us for a family fun day on the last round. There will be racing, music, and a freestyle event sponsored by H Bomb Films.
Triumph Motorsports will be throwing a bbq for all the racers to show appreciation for participating. Over $5000.00 in prizes will be given away. Free Ice cream for the kids compliments of Mini ATVs.Com

QuadJunkies
07-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by atv4kids
Reminder!!

July 10th final race of the series.

Come join us for a family fun day on the last round. There will be racing, music, and a freestyle event sponsored by H Bomb Films.
Triumph Motorsports will be throwing a bbq for all the racers to show appreciation for participating. Over $5000.00 in prizes will be given away. Free Ice cream for the kids compliments of Mini ATVs.Com I sure wish we could have made it out. Ive thought about it all week!!!:( :grr: