PDA

View Full Version : Gettin Married?

Punk'd
05-04-2004, 08:13 PM
How old do you have to be? Im pretty sure its 18 but is it diffrent in diffrent states? Thanks Yall

Rebelrider4OOex
05-04-2004, 08:35 PM
its 18 her but since u said yall im figuring your from the south and if os then its liek 15 n u can marry like 4 wemon.........:huh

RMX500
05-04-2004, 08:38 PM
it's a lot more responsible to wait till you're 18 as well. kids gettin married always screws up.

Punk'd
05-04-2004, 08:38 PM
lol no I live in St. Louis Missouri n thanks!

Bill Fuller
05-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Before you go and make fun of us southerners learn to spell!!:mad: You can get married at 16 with your parents permission.I was married at 17 myself.Not trying to talk you out of it but you are not ready(mentally)to be married at such a young age.Trust me I know from experiance.

stace609
05-04-2004, 09:12 PM
I got married a week before my 17th birthday and next month will be our 2 year anniversary and it's been great. don't listen to the stereotypes. it depends on the person. if you're ready, you're ready. age doesn't matter.

Bretmd94
05-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Im 21. Im still very not ready. I dont plan on even getting in serious relationships till im 25. I wouldnt do it.

05-05-2004, 07:58 AM
your too young. You haven't even experienced half the things in life that you need to at that age. I waited till I was 30 and think that was almost too soon....:eek2:

The best years of your life are when your single and at the age of 17 - 25. Lots of growing, maturing and learning happens between this time.

Good luck to you but I think you need ta get a little older first. Take the advice of guys that are older than you and know for a fact what you have ahead of you.

tore up
05-05-2004, 08:32 AM
What are you nuts:huh

A. Girls/ Women cost way to much money!
B. They take way to much time!

My advice- B-single B-rich B-happy, spend your money and time on your bike ( and go to Vegas once in a while, thats what its for.)

:macho :macho

spincr4hire
05-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Yeah, I got married when I was 25, and I think that was too young, one of the many reasons it didn't work out.

SSRedRider
05-05-2004, 08:42 AM
I am 51, I got married when I was 19, it lasted 2 years. We was two young and didn't get the life exposure before we hitched up. Out of all the people I know that got married at a young age, which is a lot, only one couple are still together. Its hard to know what you want to do in life at that age without getting married. Can you imagine being young and trying to get a job that will support you and your wife. Then staying with it every day to make ends meet. Then the babies start coming, then the job just doesn't pay the bills. You have to get help, which doesn't make you feel the best. With the added responsibility you won't be able to ride your quad, you may even have to sell it to jpay bills.

But if you wait, and get a job, you can ride all you want. Buy any quad you want fix it up the way you want. Then when you get older, I recomend over the age of 28, get the girl, marry her and have a good life. There is no sense to burden yourself and make both of your lifes measerable so you all won't make it work out.

There I have done my part on this matter. I have spilled my two cents worth. Its your life but I know you have heard this before, but listening to people who have been there may save you some trouble in the future. Now go out and do laps on the quad.

remlapr
05-05-2004, 09:02 AM
I got married at 22, it would have been nice to have a couple more years of being single, but almost 9 years later I have no real complaints. But I also did alot of hard living from about 16 - 21 :devil:

17 is way to young I think though...

zephead400ex
05-05-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
I got married at 22, it would have been nice to have a couple more years of being single, but almost 9 years later I have no real complaints. But I also did alot of hard living from about 16 - 21 :devil:

17 is way to young I think though...

I agree with you man. I am only 21 but have been dating my current gf for about 3 1/2 yrs. I never thought that I would meet a girl that actually makes me happy and everything is not about her. She loves to ride, go camping/fishing, drink beer, etc, etc, etc. She does make me happy. I am not ready to get married but I have lived pretty hard and have done more than enough to get the "growing up" things out of my system early:p

Marriage is just a status and more responsibility devoted to another person. If you can't take care of yourself yet, don't try to bring a 2nd person into your problems. <- my opinion

AtvMxRider
05-05-2004, 11:52 AM
WTF are you thinking? You are not ready to get married man trust me. Live your life 1st.

Pappy
05-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Live your life 1st.

lol....you make it sound so final:p

AtvMxRider
05-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
lol....you make it sound so final:p

When you have been married as long as I have it is:eek2:

Pappy
05-05-2004, 12:06 PM
i agree tho. 17 is way to young

i started dating my wife at 17, married at 22 and im now almost 34 with 2 kids. i wouldnt have changed a thing, but everyones situation is different

blondie69
05-05-2004, 12:37 PM
I wouldn't say 17 is nescessilarly too young...if you know what your doing. Myself..I know I wouldn't reccomend it, because you haven't really been around enough, had enough responsibilities (for the main part. Some people may be a lil diff..) In my opinion though...it's okay to be engaged at that age...just as long as the marriage is down the road a few years or so...

Whoa...that's like me gettin married in...a few months when I'm 17..!! I know myself I would not be ready:eek2: The youngest I could see myself gettin married is...19/20...and that's at the youngest

Just live life a lil...if ya love the gurl tho...stay with her, but still have fun..! Don't get hitched at a too young of an age. And words of advise...actually live w/ the person before you marry them...because you'd probably find out little quirks that they do that you may not particularly like...:huh

HondaRancherES
05-05-2004, 06:40 PM
I'm 18.I got married last year on my b-day. Aug 7th. Wouldn't do it any different.

LTandRaptorider
05-05-2004, 07:35 PM
When you have been married as long as I have it is:eek2:

hehe! I'm guessing you're wife didn't join exriders... yet!:eek: :D

I got married at 23, looks like divorced at 38/39...

:( It worked good for about 10 years, then it didn't... it's all what you make it. I'd say 17 is way too young for that kind of commitment. Some make it work, but the odds are against it. whatever you decide, good luck. ;)

Diedrich
05-06-2004, 10:18 PM
im not gonna say whats to young..i think if you're ready then you're ready no matter what age...i've been with my g/f for awhile now and i luv her very much..i know people say that you need to be single, live your life and have fun...but i like having fun with her and doing everything with her...i know it takes alot of money but we're both going to college and i plan on being some kind of engineer which pays good money..so i figured we would live together while we go to college to see what its like to be with each other all the time...and after a couple of years we plan on gettin married...one plus toward gettin married young if you're ready is kids..i dont wanna be to old to have fun with my kids when they get old enough to really enjoy the fun stuff (fishing, hunting, riding, etc..)..so when you think you're ready for the responsibility and shes ready too then go for it.

05-07-2004, 06:06 AM
sounds to me like ill never be ready & hopefully I'll never get married

AtvMxRider
05-07-2004, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
sounds to me like ill never be ready & hopefully I'll never get married

laid either

05-07-2004, 06:19 AM
laid either :rolleyes:

LTandRaptorider
05-07-2004, 08:02 AM
laid either

Doh!:eek:

He got ya there, jumbo!!:D

Don't worry, someone out there may use you for a sympathy lay... hopefully she owns a raptor!:p

05-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
hopefully she owns a raptor!:p yah..then ill get to ride it b/c it has loads of torque

Ryan
05-07-2004, 10:14 AM
laid either

LMFAO!!!!