PDA

View Full Version : tracking a Money Order

Chanman420q
05-04-2004, 06:58 PM
well i got screwed on ebay for 136 dollars. i found the money order receipt i got, and i was wondering if theres anyway i can trace it online to find out if it was cashed or not. its a USPS money order. if not im sure i can call them tomarrow, but i dont wanna wait. i want my money back as much as anyone else in my position.

05-04-2004, 07:02 PM
your screwed...money orders=gone...:rolleyes:

ILGNCC400EX
05-04-2004, 07:08 PM
:eek2:

Chanman420q
05-04-2004, 07:41 PM
no possable way of cancelling a money order?

AtvMxRider
05-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
no possable way of cancelling a money order?

Yeah go to the guy's house and put a foot in his *** ;)

Guy400
05-04-2004, 07:50 PM
A money order is as good as cash. But, there should be a serial number on it. Go to your local post office and have them trace it. They'll at least be able to tell you when and if it was cashed and in what city.

dawzie
05-04-2004, 07:54 PM
funny you should bring this up. A member on here said he sell me a pair of "R" hubs for $60 shipped. I sent him a money order, he said he got it and is sending out the stuff next day priority mail. 10 days ago !! I e-mailed him and pm'ed, no reply, what to do ??

Guy400
05-04-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by dawzie
funny you should bring this up. A member on here said he sell me a pair of "R" hubs for $60 shipped. I sent him a money order, he said he got it and is sending out the stuff next day priority mail. 10 days ago !! I e-mailed him and pm'ed, no reply, what to do ?? <sigh>Dawzie, PM me with the name of the member you're conducting business with and I'll see if I can get it sorted out somehow.

toby400ex
05-04-2004, 08:02 PM
funny you should bring this up. A member on here said he sell me a pair of "R" hubs for $60 shipped. I sent him a money order, he said he got it and is sending out the stuff next day priority mail. 10 days ago !! I e-mailed him and pm'ed, no reply, what to do ?? Who is it, Im afraid I might be having the same kind of problem, somewhat based on past history i didnt know about til yesterday.

JDiablo
05-04-2004, 08:08 PM
guy400 you think you can help me out here too.....i sent a guy a 150 dollar money order....and he said the second right after i told him i sent it that he put it on ebay and it sold....his old username is honda400ex27 and he changed it to i think tdm713 now...he said he would send it right back out last week...still didn't get it,you tink you can help me out here,thanks

Abby121
05-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Chanman,

You can go to the post office and ask for a form 6401, pay $3 and they can track it for you. I don't know if they will give you your money back, but I would definitely file a complaint against the person on ebay.

http://www.usps.com/missingmoneyorders/welcome.htm

Chanman420q
05-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Abby121
Chanman,

You can go to the post office and ask for a form 6401, pay $3 and they can track it for you. I don't know if they will give you your money back, but I would definitely file a complaint against the person on ebay.

http://www.usps.com/missingmoneyorders/welcome.htm

the guy got suspended off ebay :mad:

and as far as the MO, should i just tell them it was stolen? i didnt even put the guys real name on the Money order, i put his ebay account name because it was a sapposed buisness name, but i later found out his real name. so idk? im goin over today and not sure what would be the best way to handle it

spliffy
05-05-2004, 01:44 PM
If you mailed it to him using the post office... its mail fraud... you should have his address & then write him & see if you can scare him into sending your stuff or sending your money back, explain to him that it is a federal crime seeings that it is a USPS Money order & backed by a federal company who will pursue/prosicute him... if that doesnt work, file a complaint with the po for fraud.

Abby121
05-05-2004, 11:03 PM
People like that really pi$$ me off. See if the Post Office would give you a paper stating the Federal laws/sentencing for mail fraud and send that to them as well. You can also file an online complaint with the Attorney General...Maybe overkill for that amount of money, but there is a possibility that he's gotten away with more than that in the past. Jeez, some people. I hope you get your money back, or at least get your stuff. If it were me, I would be out for blood...:mad:

cudaman
05-06-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
the guy got suspended off ebay :mad:

and as far as the MO, should i just tell them it was stolen? i didnt even put the guys real name on the Money order, i put his ebay account name because it was a sapposed buisness name, but i later found out his real name. so idk? im goin over today and not sure what would be the best way to handle it

best way to handle it is kick his FREAKIN @SS!!!! thats a lot of money to try and rip you off. id beat him down and take what money hes got on him HA

dawzie
06-02-2004, 05:18 PM
funny you should bring this up. A member on here said he sell me a pair of "R" hubs for $60 shipped. I sent him a money order, he said he got it and is sending out the stuff next day priority mail. 10 days ago !! I e-mailed him and pm'ed, no reply, what to do ??

A little update on my deal. A couple of weeks ago the guy e-mails me saying his computor got a bug and he couldn't get ahold of me. (funny, my number was on the M.O.) but any way I got my hubs and am now happy.

Guy400
06-02-2004, 06:00 PM
Good to hear!