PDA

View Full Version : Man this is frustrating

01Honda440
05-04-2004, 03:05 PM
Okay I just got finished putting my 440 kit in my ex. I have K&N and pro circuit T4 pipe,and dynojet jet kit. I thought I had the jetting correct on it because it was running really well. I then took it up a hill and rode a slow wheelie it started cutting out a little. I then changed the c clip on the needle to the second slot (it was on the third). That took away all of my cutting out but now it doesnt feel quite as strong I had a 165 in it the first time and it looked like from a plug check that it was a little lean so I went with the 170 main. I rode it a little today and it kinda acts like it wants to cut out on wide open throttle a little. Will somebody please help me out on this one I will be so happy when I got the jetting correct and I can ride again. Im not exactly sure what my elevation is I live in owensboro KY. Thanks Paul

05-04-2004, 03:29 PM
your elevation is about 500 ft I believe. Are you running with the airbox lid open??

Plug checks are for poop and I never trust them.

If it's backfiring when hammerin down and you let off the gas it's lean. If it's bogging on the top end like you are kind of explaining then it's to rich. 165 is about right.

It sounds like the 170 is too much, go back to a 165 and maybe even smaller than that. You'll know when your lean cuz she'll pop and crackle when letting off the gas.

I never ran anything higher than a 165 in my 416 with the airbox lid off.

01Honda440
05-04-2004, 03:34 PM
Thank you for the reply Rico I will try to go back to the 165 and see how she runs...my airbox lid is on.The plug itself looks like its really clean no black carbon on it so I was scared it was running to lean...anyone else have an opinion I would love to hear it.

Goat397
05-04-2004, 07:27 PM
if your doing plugg checks you need to be checkeing for the right jets, if your trying to dial in your main jet you have to cut the engine from wide open, then check the plugg , for yor needle cut the enigine off at about 1/2 throttle and so on this is the correct way to check puggs to see which jets need adjusting