PDA

View Full Version : Want a Dog ???

Quad18star
05-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Anyone want a free dog ?? Im just about fed up with mine right now . First he destroyed a pair of my Vans shoes , then a pair of Airwalks ... now I get home and my $140 Spy sunglasses are in about 5 pieces .... Come pick him up ... he's FREE !!!

stace609
05-04-2004, 02:52 PM
why don't you try training him instead giving up a dog over some shoes? when we first got ours he chewed stuff, and now he doesn't touch anything but his toys. or if you know he does it keep stuff out of his reach.

monkeyboy
05-04-2004, 03:04 PM
wat kin iz he

Quad18star
05-04-2004, 03:21 PM
He's a MUTT ... Part Collie /Golden Lab/ Rottweiler . I've tried training him .... he's the kind of dog that needs to chew on soemthing ALL the time . He also decided he was gunna make a freeway to China in my backyard ... I got a hole about 5 feet deep and 2 feet wide back there .

blondie69
05-04-2004, 03:27 PM
Is he only a puppy? Cuz puppys chew alot:confused:

Quad18star
05-04-2004, 03:44 PM
He was born in October , so he's 8 months old . He has all his adult teeth now .... he should have stopped chewing by now . He's destroyed 2 pairs of my shoes , a pair of jeans , my belt , these sunglasses ..... a pair of my dad's shoes ... my mom's downfilled blanket ... many other things .

hondarider2006
05-04-2004, 03:47 PM
giving dogs away on exriders.....god only knows what is going to happen next:rolleyes:

JUSTINcredible
05-04-2004, 03:49 PM
will u pay shipping?

Quad18star
05-04-2004, 03:49 PM
If the moose in my backyard doesn't start behaving soon enough , I'm giving him away also ...... ;) :p

Quad18star
05-04-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by JUSTINcredible
will u pay shipping? I'll send him on a plane with $20 bill pinned to his collar , and hope for the best for him .

DangerousDean
05-04-2004, 04:18 PM
it doesnt matter if he's a mutt

Our dog is a mutt (husky, goldenlab, germanshepard, coyote(?) cross)
and she is a really well behaved dog, you jsut need to learn how to train, she used to chew on lots of stuff too.
now all she chews on his, hockeypucks, popcans, and wood( not sticks, logs !!) and the ocasional bone we give her

05-04-2004, 04:54 PM
Put ur mutt in a feanced area

batgeek
05-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
giving dogs away on exriders.....god only knows what is going to happen next:rolleyes:

got an extra sister? :D

AtvMxRider
05-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Shoot it

RMX500
05-04-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Shoot it

ban yourself.

UglyMotha™
05-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by monkeyboy
wat kin iz he

he just may be next of kin too you :o

hondarider2006
05-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
got an extra sister? :D

yup, he's 11:eek2:

JUSTINcredible
05-04-2004, 06:09 PM
if the 20 bucks really comes with the dog ill take it.... jk

keep your dog and try and train it or fence it up, else give it to the humane society

TheX1992
05-04-2004, 06:12 PM
Will you part it out? I need a left front paw and tail for mine.

Sorry, had to!

RytM1
05-04-2004, 07:37 PM
Training is the first step. Also, play with the dog a little. One thing about puppies is that "puppy food" contains a lot of nutrients and proteins. This is one thing that keep the dog hyper...a lot of energy to burn. If no one is around to play with him, he's gonna find his own way to burn the energy (by chewing or digging). Once the dog is old enough, "adult" formula dog food will slow him down a bit due to lower levels of proteins etc. Otherwise, its just part of being a dog owner. What happens when you have kids, and they cry all day, shat their diapers all the time, etc.... You gonna give him/her away on the site too?

Woodsrider
05-04-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by RytM1
Training is the first step. Also, play with the dog a little. One thing about puppies is that "puppy food" contains a lot of nutrients and proteins. This is one thing that keep the dog hyper...a lot of energy to burn. If no one is around to play with him, he's gonna find his own way to burn the energy (by chewing or digging). Once the dog is old enough, "adult" formula dog food will slow him down a bit due to lower levels of proteins etc. Otherwise, its just part of being a dog owner. What happens when you have kids, and they cry all day, shat their diapers all the time, etc.... You gonna give him/her away on the site too?

;) Well said. a dog that digs and chews is a bored dog. He needs attention. The more he gets the better he will behave. Just like a child.

Quad18star
05-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Don't worry , the dog gets PLENTY of attention .... I've been off work now for over a month and walk this dog twice a day . Fencing him in wont do much after he makes a tunnel under the fence . LOL

I was also just joking around when asking if anyone wants a dog .... he chewed a pair of $140 Sun glasses .... wouldn't you wanna get rid of the dog ???

Whoever asked if I wanted to part him out .... sorry ... the "parts" you're looking for have already been sold ;)

xr50layke
05-04-2004, 08:41 PM
once my beagle (who i love dearly) chew'd up my toy superbike when she was bout 4 months so i gave her a lickin and you know she doesnt do it anymore! go figure, just train your dog :p

and why did you buy 140 dollar sun glasses?

Quad18star
05-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Cuz they were Spy glasses , that actually fit me well and looked nice .... crappy part is , Spy doesn't make these glasses anymore .... i did however manage to save the case they came in :)

Punk'd
05-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Just buy it a chew toy or a choke chain or sumthin..

Quad18star
05-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Rawhide chew bones last a maximum of about an hour with this dog .... If he'll let me I'll snap a pic of his teeth a.k.a mini mountains .

hondafox440
05-04-2004, 08:59 PM
Squirt him in the face with a spray bottle (water) when he does something wrong. It worked with my dog. After a few weeks all you had to do was reach for the bottle and he stopped what he was doing.

xr50layke
05-04-2004, 09:17 PM
that works with cats. cept, theyll hiss and try to claw the water LOL

kamikaze_rzrbak
05-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Squirt him in the face with a spray bottle (water) when he does something wrong. It worked with my dog. After a few weeks all you had to do was reach for the bottle and he stopped what he was doing.
worked with my dog perfectly ;)

Syrus
05-04-2004, 09:32 PM

It does work, and it work wonders on cats too.

exatak199
05-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Squirt him in the face with a spray bottle (water)

cept you might have to use a pressure washer!!!:eek2: :eek:

J/k might work

diesel-mech
05-04-2004, 09:51 PM
If the dog is part lab than thats why he's chewing
My dog (choc lab) chewed on everything! His dads AKC name is SIR ROCKET CHEWSALOT.Go figure! Here is a trick to save your shoes, Put just alittle diesel fuel, lighter fluid, or kerrosene on your shoes. its has a bitter taste and it smells bad to dogs.( yes I've tasted plenty of diesel fuel!) They won't chew it. Don't worry you won't see or smell it and you want go up in flames if your a smoker (if you only use a couple drops on each shoe) but its a petrolium base fuel/oil so it will stay.
I agree alot about training but use short commands like "NO CHEW!!" dogs respond better to short commands. Give it a toy that it can chew on and say"GOOD CHEW!!" yes it sounds stupid but dogs have a simple mind. My lab is 1 1/2 and he still chews but at least now its stuff he is allowed to chew on. They don't stop until they are about 3 years old. I've had a couple labs and thats about when they stopped. I'm sure that the food isn't the problem although it may affect some breeds;)

Quad18star
05-04-2004, 10:04 PM
My mom tried spraying Cayan Pepper diluted with water , which most dog trainers say works cuz of the spicy smell and taste , yet this dog will just lick the furniture then chew it . LOL .... He chews and swallows anything .... rocks , wood , lens from my sunglasses , ear plugs etc .... I'll try the fuel thing though !!!

Dave83
05-04-2004, 10:14 PM
I had a choc lab.He also chewed on eveything.Cans, shoes ,pull ropes on lawn mowers,page wire fences.He was an escape artist also.I got tired of paying the $4.50 aday the animal control people charged everytime he somehow broke his chain and tore up the fence.He now lives with a disabled couple in the country.I miss him everytime I go in the back yard, but he has a good home with people who can spend the time with him I didnt have.

Bretmd94
05-04-2004, 10:17 PM
I have a basset hound that is a piece of **** about 95% of the time. The most misbehaved dog i have ever seen. Hes only 14 months old so we thought he would grow out of it. Its not happening. He runs down the driveway. Then you yell his name. he turns around, looks at you, then just keeps going like he's been abused. That dog is the most spoiled dog on earth. We are never mean to him when hes bad. (its not possible with the sad look he has permanently) He has his own twin bed. He doesnt have to stay outside, he actually has my old bedroom.

Which brings me to my point. Im moved out, and the dog stayed there.

Give the dog to your mom. (and move out if you live with her):blah:

Urpoisonddream
05-04-2004, 11:04 PM
I want a dog! BAD! Ya know i'd rather have a puppy. (less to clean up) give me the address. I was going to get a free kitten but for some reason things just didnt work out:confused:

xr50layke
05-05-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Bretmd94
He runs down the driveway. Then you yell his name. he turns around, looks at you, then just keeps going like he's been abused.

my dog does the same thing its like your yelling to a brick wall. but she actually was abused, thats why we got her so when we go up to he, she rolls over and is like "DONT KILL MEEEE" :p she sleeps in her own dog bed by the fireplace.

and your wrong, youll have to do more work with a puppy.

xr50layke
05-05-2004, 06:31 AM
yesterday i was with my sister at a video store and her friend works there and her bf came in and he was talking about how his kitten was cold so he stuck it in the microwave to warm him up LOL, it was alive, what a moron.

UglyMotha™
05-05-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by xr50layke
what a moron.

so was the author of that post :huh

250exGrrl
05-05-2004, 07:40 AM
My German Shepherd had a chewing problem til he was about 1 1/2 years old. We keep him in a cross-linked metal fence, and when he was a puppy he would chew holes in it and get out. He would eat ANYTHING... shoes, paper plates, plants, his dogloo house... whatever he could get his teeth on. But we worked with him (training and giving him more exercise) a little and he's a lot better now.

cool 300ex
05-05-2004, 08:43 AM
He also decided he was gunna make a freeway to China in my backyard ... I got a hole about 5 feet deep and 2 feet wide back there .

LMFAO I usally find the holes that my dog digs befor they get to deep. I find his when they are only a foot deep. MY dog had chewing problems till he was like 1 and a half years old. No all he does is gnaw at your hand alittle bit but he hardly ever does that now. Every seense he chewed up my dad's shoes he's never took anyone else again. LOL

lol
05-05-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by RMX500
ban yourself.

lmao ...

my dogs a mutt, border collie, akita we think, but she is great, best behaving dog i've seen, long story how we got her, she was thrown off a building with other puppies but landed on top of the others, we got it from a cop, there was like 4 dead pups in the trunk of his cruiser:( there are really some crazy people out there:mad:

xr50layke
05-05-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
so was the author of that post :huh

ok what the hell was going through your head when u said that :rolleyes: its like you were bored so you decided to call me a moron. dont bother replying to this because you know grown ups like pappy/joe/qj/sga/battergeek/wilkin/rico wouldnt bother to have said something like that so grow up.

diesel-mech
05-05-2004, 10:26 AM
If any one is interested in breeding a pure blood lab, My chocolate lab (male) will be 2 years old soon. He is a beautiful dog. I've been told by local trainers that he has the perfect lab build and face. I live close to dayton ohio, I have his papers and pedigree. Let me know

UglyMotha™
05-05-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by xr50layke
ok what the hell was going through your head when u said that :rolleyes: its like you were bored so you decided to call me a moron. dont bother replying to this because you know grown ups like pappy/joe/qj/sga/battergeek/wilkin/rico wouldnt bother to have said something like that so grow up.

but i'm not me and my buddies still make late night trips to toys r us until we get kicked out i think i'll wait a few more years before i grow up so there's your reply...................... moron :huh

oh ya batgeek would have definantly thrown out a stab he's bout a mature as i am :blah:

05-05-2004, 11:29 AM
Rico Jr, chews up anything that isn't moving or on fire. Labs WILL chew up things no matter how many *** whippens you give them.

Just on my quad alone he chewed up 2 sets of brake lines, 4 wiring harness's, 2 sets of nets on the nerf bars, rear number plate, front and rear plastic and the rubber pieces that go over the bleeder nipples on the brake calipers....:mad:

I won't mention how many shoes I"ve been thru....:o

Advice........................... don't buy expensive shoes. Buy some buddies and be done with it..:o

Quad18star
05-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Rico ... you ever see a dog jump out of a truck thats rolling a little less than 50 mph ?? :eek2: I thought he was dead ... he got up only had 2 little cuts ... one on his paw the other on his chin .
I started tying him up after that with a dog leash that was attatched to the bed of the truck and just the other day he broke the leash and jumped out goign about the same speed .... you'd think after the first time he'd realize that his face and the pavement don't go well together .

My dad has realized that WalMart shoes that cost $19.95 are the ebst investment when you have a dog .... especially when you need to by 3 pairs a month . LOL

Who'd have thunk a post about a dog chewing sunglasses would have went for 4 pages :blah: Certainly not I !!!

05-05-2004, 12:11 PM
isint this thread about a dude geting red of his dog?? some 1 take the dog please

**edited by rico**
come on now, you know you can't be using the MF word...:cool:

diesel-mech
05-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Hey RICO is that a beer can and a pack of smokes next to a childs cup????
I'm tellen!:eek2: :devil:
You should tell your wife that stuff like that isn't healthy for a child:D :p
Maybe she needs to try tibo instead:blah: