PDA

View Full Version : No wonder it was loud!!

fastkid400
05-04-2004, 02:05 PM
this past few weeks i have been tuning and running the new 400ex carb and discovered my Cobra pipe,(SOB) split in half, so i took it off to show my dad. WELLL HOLY SHAT!! nO WONDER IT WAS SOOO LOUD i knew that cobras wer loud from the beggining but gheezus! So im getting it heiliarched(sp) for now and this weekend i',m getting a HMF Cant wait!1

hondarider2006
05-04-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by fastkid400
this past few weeks i have been tuning and running the new 400ex carb and discovered my Cobra pipe,(SOB) split in half, so i took it off to show my dad. WELLL HOLY SHAT!! nO WONDER IT WAS SOOO LOUD i knew that cobras wer loud from the beggining but gheezus! So im getting it heiliarched(sp) for now and this weekend i',m getting a HMF Cant wait!1

You think Cobra is loud, try a DG:eek2: I ordered a HMF about 3 weeks ago....should be here today or tomorrow:cool:

deathman53
05-04-2004, 05:21 PM
are you serious dg is louder than cobra!!! the cobra on my 200x is ridiculas

hondarider2006
05-04-2004, 06:04 PM
friend had a DG on his 300ex and it was much louder than his cobra he got after someone smashed his DG.

Matt756
05-04-2004, 07:11 PM
i think the dg kromelight is louder than cobra

quadmx7
05-04-2004, 07:24 PM
yep dg is defiantly loud. at my last arenacross i was behind a 300ex with dg pipe in the tunnel waitin for the bikes to get off the track so we could practice and that lil thing was loud as hell.

Atreyu
05-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Cobra = http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/poopoo.gif

CowsBitePeople
05-04-2004, 08:14 PM
my friend had a cobra on his mojave OMFG they are loud, it should be illegal:eek2:

woprs50
05-04-2004, 08:44 PM
my mojave has a DG on it and its by far the loudest bike ive ever heard if your riding behind it your ears will ring afterward

it might actually make it louder than just running out the head pipe

DG is the worst exhaust ever

Chino
05-04-2004, 09:17 PM
dg pipe = coffe can

cobra pipe = coffe can with a hole in it

listening to people arguing about which one of the two is louder and better, PRICELESS :D

olimj
05-04-2004, 09:42 PM
For the sake of our sport's future, PLEASE don't support companies that produce these POS loud pipes! Closed circuit racing is one thing, but if you're riding on public land or even private land within earshot of neighbors, put a cork in it and adjust your riding style to deal with the 2% HP loss. Even better, build a sleeper. Get a mild bore and keep your stock exhaust. Nothing like showing up your buddies with your "stock" bike.

Yes, the environuts will continue their onslaught against OHVs no matter what we do. Unfortunately, it's the mass voting public we need to influence, and every time they hear an ear-ringing ratty pipe, their perception of OHVers is one of people who don't care how their recreation affects others. In some cases, I'm afraid they're right.

If people spent half the money on defending their privelege to ride as they do on pipes, we might not be on the losing end of every land battle. For those who don't think sound is a problem, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it's due to ignorance. In that case, please visit/join BRC (http://www.sharetrails.org) and get educated. Because the other explanation is stupidity, in which case our sport is doomed.

Ok, off my soapbox now. Guess I just find the number of posts about loud pipes (especially those intentionally seeking them) on this board to be a discouraging sign for the sport we love. Thanks to all who are doing their part to keep the noise down!

Ride on...

sniffthis400
05-05-2004, 12:55 PM
yes its loud but they sound like poo poo and are equal to it.

marty
05-07-2004, 06:33 PM
olimj
Well said. Keep quiet = Keep riding
Low end torque is more important than peek hp anyway.

Silver400EXinBR
05-07-2004, 08:00 PM
yes they way louder and give a hell of alot more HP than curtis... I wisdh someone would just trade me a cobra or dgslip on for my curtis sparks full exaust, one day i will be that lucky

Berry
05-08-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Silver400EXinBR
yes they way louder and give a hell of alot more HP than curtis... I wisdh someone would just trade me a cobra or dgslip on for my curtis sparks full exaust, one day i will be that lucky

are you serious??????????????? :confused:

:huh

hondafreestyler
05-08-2004, 10:10 AM
lol ... thats what I was thinking ...

fastkid400
05-09-2004, 03:09 PM
i would trade my cobra for a sparks neday, wth LOL:blah:

1992 Trx 250x
05-12-2004, 05:33 PM
i agree keep it quiet and keep ridin'! i also agree with more low end torque than peak hp. those tree huggers look for every possible little reason to get us out of riding areas. noise is a major issue against us.

thanks

Ethan

TGW_400ex
05-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Chino
dg pipe = coffe can

cobra pipe = coffe can with a hole in it

listening to people arguing about which one of the two is louder and better, PRICELESS :D

pnut420
05-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Silver400EXinBR

Talk to any engine builder, you may want to rethink.

Cobras are junk my friends. Hate to say it, but yes they are and sparks is way better, come on now, think....

fastkid400
05-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Because of my exhaust, i havent ridden newhere like a OHV or mx track, i stick to home, and im going stirr crazy!! Cant wait to get my HMF.:D