PDA

View Full Version : Anyone flip their rims?

mascman
05-04-2004, 03:46 AM
I was wondering if anyone has flipped the front rims for extra width? I will just drill new holes for the stems. I will use new ones upside down to plug the original hole.

I want to run my 23" Holeshots in the front. Coming from my low/wide warrior, the TRX feels tippy. I am planning on loosening the spring tension to help lower it a little.

I also figured that since I'm going to run 23"s it would be good to flip the rim to get it a little wider. I know people say it puts more stress on your spindles, but I ran my warrior like that with no problems. The TRX spindles look stronger so i figure they would be no problem.

Any thoughts or tips for woods set-ups?

WhiteZee
05-04-2004, 04:32 PM
i wouldnt mess with it, if you are wanting to set it up for woods, everyone i know buys -1 offset front rims for woods racing. just lower your preload, you will be fine.

mascman
05-04-2004, 04:59 PM
I looked at it today and saw that it wouldn't work. It could, but the rims use a lug nut not just a regular nut.

I backed the preloaders all off and set the shocks at the softest setting and it feels alot better. Plus, I am riding it more and getting used to it.

thanks for the help!

05-04-2004, 08:06 PM
i use the rev offset rims for faster wide tracks and they work good but the stearing will be even more twichy and if you ride in the woods the tire will grab ruts a lot worse. you will need dif rims though not because of the lugs (you can flip those) but the washer set in the rim for the lug sticks out of the rim too much. hope this helps:D

WhiteZee
05-04-2004, 08:09 PM
rev offset?

lukester720
05-04-2004, 11:59 PM
Reverse offset