PDA

View Full Version : Santo Derisi

countypark
05-03-2004, 10:29 PM
Top 3 Pro at Sparta, awesome? Can't wait to see the R on the track.

I have a shock question and I need an expert opinion.

My fronts feel really good, I have virtually no bumpsteer, I rarely bottom out, and the ride is smooth I am going to up the compression to try to further minimize the bottoming

My rear shock isn't as forgiving though.

My question is more about what "you" feel on your quad when you are going thru a smooth flat section and then you suddenly come across a small ditch, like the couple that where at Sparta.

My fronts felt fine but my rear hits kinda hard and tends to throw the quad around. I am thinking about trying a stiffer spring and perhaps adjusting the rebound. I am pretty sure that this shock bottoms out in this situation.

Santo DeRisi
05-06-2004, 06:49 AM
Thanks!

What type of quad do you have?

How does the rear shock feel everywhere else?

countypark
05-06-2004, 08:23 AM
Santo,

Its the 300EX that has the WP Rear that you charged up for me at Loretta's. (the one missing the knob)

I have a +2 swingarm on it. I am considering a new shock and I am just curious how much a rear shock should soak up. My buddy Al said his new 450R soaked those ditches up pretty well.

I have a stiffer spring that I might put on this rear to try to improve it.

Tom

Santo DeRisi
05-06-2004, 09:27 PM
So you are actually bottoming the rear out?

Some of those ditches are hard on suspension. How does the rear shock ride elsewhere?

Come see me at the next race so that i can check the shock out before the race!

bradley300
05-06-2004, 11:42 PM
countypark, i know in stock form, the 300ex tends to buck like that also, it could just be bad geometry, fairly short travel plus being a no-link system mighthave something to do with it. also, where are you positioned on the quad when it does that? i try to move real far back when i see stuff like that and it seems to help alot