PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Atlantic Hare Scrambles UPDATE

FORDMOTO
05-03-2004, 09:33 PM
There will be electronic scoring by Results Racing at this weekend's Mid-Atlantic Hare Scrambles series race just east of Bridgeport WV on Sunday May 9, The scoring staff will help the races to go smoother and will allow results to be posted to the newly formed web sight (sight info will be available at the race), for any questions about this new series call Andy Grogg at (304)265-1245, Andy is trying to do the right things for the riders, he is giving out some top notch awards and paying back the Pro classes as he said he would, This weeks track is at another new facility/never before ridden on and the bike track promises to be tighter with the quad loop being a good mix, Running PeeWees at 9 am for 30 minutes (sorry no mini quad program), Minis at 10 for 1 hour, Bikes at Noon for 2 hours and Quads at 3 for more than 1.5 but not over 2 hours, There are 12 races remaining in this series for 2004 and we have hopes of possibly adding a special event. NOTE: directions have been updated to track, call Andy for details.

Pappy
05-04-2004, 08:13 AM
since there isnt a website yet, could you post directions to this race from bridgeport?

Chino
05-04-2004, 03:42 PM
I went to this race last weekend, the one past stonewall jackson lake. The track was a good track, but scoring, and parking just sucked to say the least, I think the Flinstones coulda chiseled out the scoring faster than they wrote them down. I hope they do get the electronic scorrer like u said above, and hopefully some parking in the future. I wish him the best of luck..

FORDMOTO
05-04-2004, 06:49 PM
The parking is a matter of what the promoter has to work with at each location, is difficult to find locations to build a track and if you can get decent parking at all you are lucky, the best parking at the Broken Wheel was not even utilized due to failure for the people responsible for parking cars to not do their jobs. That will be fixed next time there, FYI the better pit locations are in the second gate above where the finish was. As far as scoring we have all been quite frankly spoiled by electronic scoring and long time hare scramblers will remember just a few years ago when we waited for literally hours at GNCC and other events for results to be posted. Yes the Mid-Atlantic has now confirmed that there will be electronic scoring and it will be done by a very reputable group out of Ohio. The promoter is spending big $ just to get this group in to do the scoring in an effort to again try to make this series better for the riders. If you have seen the awards he is giving out and now this major expenditure on scoring it seems clear that the promoter is trying to do the right things and not worrying about filling his pockets. A few more volunteers would be helpful if you know of any.

Chino
05-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Like i said man, i wish him the best of luck, and to get this thing big. I wouldnt mind helpin, if i didnt live so far away, and i would probably come to all his races " work pending" after he get's a good setup and establishment going. Like i said the track was awesome, it had a very good assortment, with the right amount of time, and hard work, I look for this to pay off, and be a very big and well known organization. Hope to see you at the track sometime... Chino # 352 "PeckerHead Racin"

Chino
05-04-2004, 07:07 PM
...and on the scoring, im sure it was like that before, but once someone gets a taste of electronic scoring etc... it's the way to go. I mean with the computers doing what they are now days it's just awesome, im sure a few yrs ago people were used to that, but now ppl are used to electric scoring, and to keep ppl there, you have to go with what the crowd want's, if u know what im saying.....

FORDMOTO
05-06-2004, 09:03 PM
US RT 50 East of Bridgeport to Pruntytown bear right onto RT 250 South and then turn right onto RT 250/119 South and watch arrows, Will turn right off ot RT 250/RT 119 just about 3 miles south of the Mother's Day shrine, arrows will lead you in on gravel county road, plenty of parking in a large hill meadow and a seperate exit to lessent two-way traffic, Call Andy at (304)265-1245 with any questions

The Track: cut trail last night and this is some great woods riding, setting up seperate bike and quad sections (Bike guys said they want it tighter/Quad riders say not so tight) Andy and I have both ridden/raced and I have experience on quads and bikes and we are trying to accommodate all views of what makes a good track, The focus in the first two rounds was on the tracks and we see that more attention needs given to the organizational aspects of the event. Electronic scoring and an effort to make certain the races start on time are focus for this event and for remainder of season. Andy and the volunteers working with him are riders first and we want to give you the best tracks but we now better understand more of what the rider's want. Those of you who are sticking with us we appreciate. Those who haven't tried us yet we hope to see you soon. Andy and I are always willing to hear your concerns and comments. Thanks: Chad Ford

FORDMOTO
05-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Mid-Atlantic Buck Shot Hare Scramble appeared to go well today. Electronic scoring was a plus and results were very quick thanks to the Results Racing crew. Track was about 6 miles and seemed to get messy quick (heavy rain Friday night). Seemed to have been marked well for quad race. Started close to 3 o'clock.

Next series race is Sunday May 23 back at the Broken Wheel off of I79 Exit 96 near Weston WV. Landowner has promised to do a better job of parking this time. Andy is probably going to move the sign up and main pit to the other field. Will post some info once more is known.

Cannonball08
05-11-2004, 05:37 PM
The race put on by mid-atlantic was as good or better than any organization that I have raced. the electronic scoring was great, the track was tough, and the racers were fast as hell. the new web site is www.midatlanticharescrambleseries.com