PDA

View Full Version : Holeshot XCR's Who's got em?

Dunesurfer
05-03-2004, 08:28 PM
I ordered a set today, Has anybody tried them? Any imput?

trost66
05-03-2004, 08:45 PM
I have a set for about month and a half. They are nice tires but they where so fast. If you rode alot i bet they wouldn't last on season.

batgeek
05-03-2004, 09:11 PM
yes they wear out fast. i'm on my second set right now.

for loamy and semi wet conditions they hook up very well. if it gets muddy, they pack up fast and don't clear out well.

very soft compound, so if you are going to ride alot on hard-pack i wouldn't suggest running them.

batgeek
05-03-2004, 09:11 PM
yes they wear out fast. i'm on my second set right now.

for loamy and semi wet conditions they hook up very well. if it gets muddy, they pack up fast and don't clear out well.

very soft compound, so if you are going to ride alot on hard-pack i wouldn't suggest running them.

i'll be switching to Razr 2's when these are done. thinking i shoulda did it before i went with this set, too much mud where i ride.

will be staying with the XCR fronts though.

Shuee_400
05-04-2004, 08:53 PM
im on my 2nd set also id say the tend to wear quick to but there still a good tire. just depends what you want. see if you can change that order to the New H-D. But Razr2's are prolly the way to go...............

05-04-2004, 09:23 PM
i love my xcr's i wouldnt trade a thing for em
they hook up well in about every thing for me
i havent noticed to much wear and i ride quite often

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-05-2004, 02:57 PM
I'm with 400guy. I haven't seen much wear on mine, they worked awesome at the Texas GNCC and the 1 lap I ran at the TN GNCC, I have used them in sandy conditions and did not care for them too much there, it felt like the back end was all over the place.

deathman53
05-05-2004, 04:51 PM
they wear fast? mine are 75% and are over a year old with alot fo ride time. and I used them on a 250r on hard surfaces and rocks.

Shuee_400
05-05-2004, 05:49 PM
Well idk i guess they sent you different tires than they did me.........or you just dont ride as much as you think you do.....

shaff107
05-05-2004, 05:55 PM
I have Razr 2 thats all that i will own. BUT !! the only problems that i have with xcr's are 1. they are not tall enough for muddy races like sparta. 2. the fronts push in slick corners. 3. THEY wear way to quick. as for the H-D's the fronts are alot better the rears they solved all problems but still are to soft of compound they will wear really quick also. but that is just my 2 cents.

Shuee_400
05-05-2004, 08:57 PM
The kid has to much time on his hands...........^^

foleyit
05-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by 400guy
i love my xcr's i wouldnt trade a thing for em
they hook up well in about every thing for me
i havent noticed to much wear and i ride quite often

I've had mine too for over a year now and pretty happy with their shelf life. I think that I ride a lot. I had worn out my stock rears in about 9 mos time. So I consider my style of riding is hard and frequent.