PDA

View Full Version : Lonestar swingarm/chain tension

4welrjeff
05-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Searching though the old posts it seems common to have problems keeping the chain tight with the 400ex LSR swingarm (only 2 bolts to resist torque compared to 4 with stock).

Does anyone have any tricks and/or tips on how to keep the chain from becoming loose with this swingarm?

Thanks
McEX
00 400ex
Pc'd gusseted frame
LSR arms, swingarm, axle
Ohlin shocks
WB E-series slip on

pteknique
05-03-2004, 10:14 PM
I have the Lonestar swingarm on my 400ex and I haven't had a problem keeping the chain tight. I just replaced the bolts with some with teflon nuts. I'd tighten your chain then when your done place a mark on the carrier and the swingarm itself. Then ride it and if the chain is loose look at your marks to see if it was he carrier that really moved. It might be your chain is just streching that bad. Also do you have the rubber o-rings around your carrier?

4welrjeff
05-04-2004, 08:29 PM
I actually have not used this swingarm yet. Just trying to prevent problems before they happen.

Are you reffering to rubber 0-rings like the stock carrier? Does the LSR carrier use the same O rings as the stock? Also are there supposed to be little rubber pieces at each end of the slot in the LSR swingarm?

Thanks for the help.

pteknique
05-04-2004, 11:56 PM
Yes that is what I am saying. I don't know if the lonestar carrier uses the same 0rings or not. I am sure they do. My lonestar does not have the rubber pieces in the slots.