PDA

View Full Version : Is there a ball bearing in the kickstarter?

sparky450AR
05-03-2004, 07:45 PM
I took off my kickstarter to sand, polish, and grease it. While i was taking it off a ball bearing fell on the ground, i dont know if it is supposed to go on the kickstarter somehwhere, but if it is i cant get it on. I can get the the kcistarter on without the ball bearing but not with it. Where did the ball come from, lol.

Thanks for the help

stealth400ex
05-03-2004, 07:49 PM
i just took it off about 2 hours ago and yes the little ballbearing goes in the kickstarter. i havent tried to put it.

sparky450AR
05-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by stealth400ex
i just took it off about 2 hours ago and yes the little ballbearing goes in the kickstarter. i havent tried to put it.

dam dude, i noticed there was a slot in the inside of the kicker for the ball to go in, but even when i put it in that slot, the kickstarter needs to go down about another quarter inch.:huh

sparky450AR
05-03-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by stealth400ex

where did the ballbearing come from?

rowlrag
05-03-2004, 09:34 PM
there is a hole with a spring in it that the ball goes in. Grease the inside of the kicker,and ball, Hold the ball against the spring using a screw driver lightly, then slide the kicker down over it. it'll pop into place

sparky450AR
05-04-2004, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by rowlrag
there is a hole with a spring in it that the ball goes in. Grease the inside of the kicker,and ball, Hold the ball against the spring using a screw driver lightly, then slide the kicker down over it. it'll pop into place

thank you