PDA

View Full Version : Delaware riding???

250EXChik29
03-18-2002, 01:01 PM
Does anyone know of any goes trail riding areas in Delaware? Or any hilly field areas? Please let me know. Thanks. :D

Wingnut
03-18-2002, 06:17 PM
When I was in Delaware this summer, visiting my aunt, we went to a riding area that was northwest of Gettysburg. It took about two hours to get there from Newark. I don't remember the name of the area, but we parked in the "Big Flat" parking lot (named for the area, the parking lot is not big) The trails were a good blend of everything. There were lots of rocks, but plenty of smooth high speed areas as well. Do not go alone, very easy to get lost. There are several GNCC racers from Delaware. Check out the results page at www.gnccracing.com to find their names. Maybe you can contact some of them to find out where they ride.

250EXChik29
03-20-2002, 07:20 AM
How about anyone in EASTERN Maryland? Cecil County or close to Cecil? Elkton, Chesapeake City, Earleville, North East? If anyone knows of any good places that the cops don't usually bother, please let me know. Always looking for new places. THANKS!!! :)

olyeller
03-20-2002, 01:20 PM
250EXChik29,
I live in elkton and i know there is a place off rt.40 in bear that people go to. everytime i went there i never got caught. people also rid behind the cecil ymca. Iusually ride at my friends house. he has some jumps and trails to ride or we go up to his girlfriends and ride in pa right outside oxford. It's really fun lots of hill climbs and trails like (harescrambles). well if you hear of anything let me know and i'll do the same. i'm surprised to hear of someone else from around this area on this forum.

bye

250EXChik29
03-20-2002, 04:45 PM
I think I know of where you are talking about and I think I have been there.. It's not too bad and this guy that was there said the cops don't usually say anything. If anyone wants to know where that is at, I will tell you.
What is behind the Cecil YMCA? Is that located just off 40 in Elkton?? You ever been caught there??

YLW400
04-03-2002, 10:41 AM
I am always looking for a new place to ride here. I go to a place in Farmington sometimes or try to go to Eaton. I am from Dover

250EXChik29
04-03-2002, 12:09 PM
We went to a pretty cool place on Easter Sunday.. its right off of Route 40 in Bear, near Leisure school. It has a HUGE open area with little MX tracks around it and the place has nice trails through the woods... take a look at my webpage and you'll get an idea of what the place has..

olyeller
04-03-2002, 01:20 PM
yeah i think that is one of the places i was telling you about but be careful in the woods that are all the way across the field because there is a shooting range right on the other side :D

250EXChik29
04-03-2002, 03:37 PM
Thanks!
I cant think of what shooting range it is though.. Last I heard there was just an open field behind the woods... I didnt hear any gunshots either...
Have you ever been to this place? If not, I recommend it..

olyeller
04-04-2002, 05:08 AM
I'm not sure what it is called but i saw posted shooting range signs, so just be on look out to be safe.

YLW400
04-04-2002, 07:36 PM
Sounds lie a decent place to ride. Is there any place to park trucks and stuff there? The cops don't mess with ya' do they? I am asking a whole lot of questions here huh? I'll stop now. I have a few buddies that I ride with also. I would like to hook up with some more people to ride with sometime. Maybe we can all meet there, or someplace else and do some riding one weekend.

2002 400EX
K+N Jet Kit
K+N Air Filter
Outerwears airbox cover
Now all I need to do is learn how to ride it...lol
Ride ride.........or Yellow, as long as it says Honda.

:confused: :confused:

250EXChik29
04-04-2002, 07:43 PM
You park at an elementary school and cross the backroad. Its cool. I havent heard of any cops coming back there. I wouldnt suggest going while school is in session though since you do have to park there. One weekend, me and my hubby rode by just to see if we could see the field.. there were and EASY 20 trucks with trailers there. And even on Easter Sunday, we were the first ones there but by the time we left, there were another 6 or 7 trucks. So its a fairly hot spot. That would be cool to all ride there one day. My hubby works shift work every other weekend but when he is off, he will usually ride if he can- and me I need all the practice I can get, so I am always a go... :blah

YLW400
04-05-2002, 10:08 AM
Well thats a good sign, the no cop thing. Is it privately owned property or what?I had thought I had seen a posting about someone asking someone in the state concerning state owned places. Does anyone know of any of these? Also how far is Bear from Dover. Approx?

250EXChik29
04-07-2002, 07:57 PM
From Dover.. if you come up Route 1, you can prolly make it in 45 mins. Not sure if a construction company still owns it or not but I'm not sure. State owned places are not a good place to ride.. Well you can but just dont get caught.. If it was cool, I only live a couple minutes from some great riding places.

MIKE400EX
04-07-2002, 09:03 PM
Can you still ride in the pits along the railroad tracks? There used to be some awesome places years ago behind Arbor(sp?) Park and the Chrysler track. If you followed the RR tracks there were huge pits every 5 miles or so, where they dug out for the RR tracks and I95. Also the iron mines had really good trails and hills. That was early-mid 70's but hopefully some are still left? There even was a cross country trials event that went thru that area. Is "Muddy Lane" MX track still over the line in MD, near Newark? That was trail & pit heaven back then!

250EXChik29
04-07-2002, 09:08 PM
None of that stuff sounds familiar to me. Not that it doesnt exist but i havent heard of them.. I dont see many people in my area on here either.. so its hard to tell..

MIKE400EX
04-07-2002, 09:17 PM
I'll have to go that way some day soon. I drive down to Felton/Harrington about once a month - just never make the detour down 896.

YLW400
04-08-2002, 08:11 AM
sounds good to me. I am not sure when would be good as of now. I would say in the next few weeks or so

MIKE400EX
04-08-2002, 08:38 AM
YLW400, Did you buy your 400 from Diamond Motorsports? I went there last month to get another 250EX and they wanted $500 more than I paid them last year (4200)! Their prices were out of the roof on everything (honda atv's), and they wouldn't talk.

YLW400
04-08-2002, 09:59 AM
No, I had the same problem with them there. I am originally from WV, so I made a couple of phone calls and found a 02 in Berkeley Springs WV at a place called Ridersville. It was out the door for 5200.00. If you have the means to travel a bit you may want to look into those guys. There are supposedly one of the largest Honda dealers on the East Coast as far as pushing machines out the door.

02 400EX
K&N Power kit
Outerwears air box cover

MIKE400EX
04-08-2002, 11:33 AM
Thanks! I found'em up here w/extended warr., 6% tax and $300 less than they wanted. Too bad, they're only about 10 miles from where I go in Felton.

YLW400
04-09-2002, 05:59 AM
Cool, you in Delaware or CT? I am confused:confused:

MIKE400EX
04-09-2002, 07:02 AM
I live in CT now. Go down to Felton area once a month. Used to live in Newark ~ 1958-1964 & 1972-1974. Yeah, I know, I'm old!

YLW400
04-09-2002, 10:11 AM
Hey bud, it doesnt matter how old you are, your still ridin' right? Do u ride in Felton when you come here? I ride in Farmington sometimes

MIKE400EX
04-09-2002, 10:38 AM
I just ride in some relatives fields (when they're not growing something). I havn't really explored that much down there.
I bought my wife's 250EX at Diamond last year. Got my 400 here in CT. I've got to find another 250EX this month for my son, actually I've got thru May because he just broke his right thumb!

YLW400
04-15-2002, 10:03 AM
Did anyone do any good riding this weekend? I had to adjust my valves and drop my oil. Didnt get to ride verry much at all

250EXChik29
04-16-2002, 12:10 PM
Not like I wanted to... It was so nice this weekend and we have too many toys to choose from.. so we chose the boat!If we dont have a lot of time.. we ride across the street in a vacant lot..
Is adjusting the valves hard? My husband wants to do his own and has the instructions but is it that hard?

MIKE400EX
04-16-2002, 02:59 PM
What bike does your husband have? Your 250ex's are easy, and do need to be checked once in a while.

BIG ORANGE
04-16-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by YLW400
Hey bud, it doesnt matter how old you are, your still ridin' right? Do u ride in Felton when you come here? I ride in Farmington sometimes

I heard that Farmington was closed due to the owner getting hurt. Is that true? He has a nice place to ride!:)

YLW400
04-18-2002, 10:18 AM
If your husband has a 400 and is fairly mechanically inclined, it shouldn't be a problem. If I remember right the intake is .04 and the exhaust is .05, make sure he looks it up though, I am not positive. It took us longer to take the plastic and gas tank off then it does to actually check or adjust them. I wouldnt have attempted it by myself. A couple of buddies helped me out with it. Now that I have seen it done, next time I will probably do it myself. As far as the track in Farmington being closed, I haven't heard that. Every time we go there, we just put our money in the box near the trailer and ride. The last few times I have been there, noone has been there riding, gets boring quick

YLW400
04-26-2002, 10:44 AM
Were has everyone been? I went to Easton on Sunday, the weather wasn't too good, but it was still fun. Did your hubby get his valves adjusted EX chick?

250EXChik29
04-29-2002, 10:19 AM
no not yet.. he is very mechanically inclined and i am sure that he wont have a problem. We went trail riding yesterday. had a good time.. VERY MUDDY and wet! I was soaked on top of mud! LOL It was a good time though.. I tell you what the 250EX is great for trails.. I got stuck MAYBE twice where I had to work out of a couple spots but other than that, it plowed though everything (where the 400ex's were getting stuck!).. I did wreck once, on a deep rut.. but i didnt get hurt :) and neither did my bike. :) all in all a great ride..

YLW400
04-29-2002, 10:42 AM
At least you didnt bang up yourself or your bike. I didnt get to ride this weekend.I hate when that happens. I might go to WV this coming weekend and do some riding. Yea the valve thing isnt too bad. I'm sure he will do fine with it.