PDA

View Full Version : after market shocks

trost66
05-03-2004, 11:49 AM
If you put after market shocks on the front of your quad should you do the same in the back. Also who do you think makes the best after market shocks.

300exOH
05-03-2004, 12:07 PM
You should do both front and rear shocks but if you have a rebuildable rear shock you can have it redone to match the fronts and your riding style and also save some cash in the process.

As for who's best? Most will say Axis is best but the best for the money would be Elka's. It's all a matter of opinion really. I think all of them are great shocks except maybe Works.

JRDrider22
05-03-2004, 01:30 PM
i still have my stock shock on my rear 400ex. i have it valved in for a good wieight and i ride with it. up front ihave tripple rate axis with jrd long travel and it runs amazing. axis has been running slow right now and everyone has been leaninginto elka quadrouple rate. people say they are amazing for allaround.

Joey

Crashmore 22
05-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Bill Ballance says that elkas are junk, but he is also sponsored by Axis and ArsFX. I personally believe to get the most bang for your buck go with the full set. If you are a xc rider go with dual rate dual adj fronts and dual rate comp adj rear from axis. They ARE worth the wait and the money.

cdalejef
05-07-2004, 07:02 AM
It was all Elka's on the podium at sundays GNCC. :macho

Go with triple rate fronts, not dual rate.

Pappy
05-07-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop

Not too mention Mr. Doug Gust winning yet again on Elka's.:eek:

05-07-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop

:muscle: :muscle:

T@AFP
05-07-2004, 08:50 AM
The boys up north will be happy with your defense.
Well said, Rico, Pappy & Jeff