PDA

View Full Version : Kick Start 400ex

brianC400X
05-03-2004, 09:27 AM
Has anyone ever dreamed up a way to make a 400ex kick start? My electric start has left me stranded too many times. I keep my wiring clean. I inspect it often enough. Ive got my battery mounted solid. Still once in a while you can hear me cussing out my electric start only bike from a few miles away because its stranded me in a place where compression starting isnt possible. Ive got a 10.8:1 Je forged piston. Even in fifth gear its hard to turn the motor while being tow started. You have to jump on the back end of it to get the wheels to turn.

p.s. ELECTRIC START ONLY SUCKS!

Bender
05-03-2004, 10:32 PM
I've asked this too, and found little using search. I've heard it's been done before using XR400 parts. I've owned kickers my whole life and have never had as many problems as I do with ES.
It's kinda funny the some peolpe won't get the 450R, just because it's a kick start.I'd much rather have a kick start. Even if it's only for secondary use in case the ES fails. Man with so many EX's out there , if some one sold a kick start kit, they would make bank.

airheadedduner
05-03-2004, 10:49 PM
With the xr cover and stuff it still would be hard to do, the break lever is blocking where the kick start would go.