PDA

View Full Version : Starved for fuel?

MX#9
05-03-2004, 08:29 AM
Has anyone experienced a fuel starve issue with the 450r? This happened to me last week once and yesterday twice. I will come out of the woods to a fast trail or a long field that connects me to the next woods section,and when I get to high gear running about as hard as she can go,It will start to bog like it is not getting fuel. It never actually quits running,if I back out of the throttle,it seems to catch up,but I lose my advantage. The quad is totally stock,no mods. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

avaloncon2
05-03-2004, 08:42 AM
thats funny, for the first time yesterday at the track I had the same problem. I never felt it before. I just put a new pipe on it a week ago. The jetting seems fine. Like you said when it was wound out it seemed like the motor would just cut out . Any help would be great.

TURBO-530R
05-03-2004, 09:33 AM
i found it to be the rev limiter. try to change gearing it helped me

MX#9
05-03-2004, 09:55 AM
It just don't act like my past experience with rev limiters. I can run it in high gear down a road and rev it too the moon and not yet have this problem. It seems that on a short sprint,enough to catch high gear,or an extended sprint,where I have room to hold high gear a little longer,it will just fall on it's face. It has me some what confused and also concerned, as the next time it might be a saftey issue. Anyone else?

avaloncon2
05-03-2004, 06:00 PM
anyone?

honda250xrider
05-03-2004, 06:16 PM
you could try going up one size larger on the main jet, sounds like its to lean on top, But im not postive.

dhines
05-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by honda250xrider
you could try going up one size larger on the main jet, sounds like its to lean on top, But im not postive.

Agreed. Try a bigger main jet.