PDA

View Full Version : looking for raptor mod site

japeeps
05-02-2004, 10:26 PM
looking for a good site for raptors, looking to upgrade my wifes bike needed info on pipe and more.

05-03-2004, 05:34 AM
www.bluetraxx.com....you should save your money instead of modding that thing for rebuilding it after it falls apart..craptors are junk

05-03-2004, 06:09 AM
raptors are not junk....the engine just rips...only bad part is the frame and handling issues.....its not a racer....its a trail rider/duner

RMX500
05-03-2004, 08:30 AM
add mediocre stock shocks to the mix.

05-03-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by RMX500
add mediocre stock shocks to the mix. the stock shocks are better than most stock shocks out today..the raptor is a waste of $$$...the engine blows up by the way

LTandRaptorider
05-05-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
the stock shocks are better than most stock shocks out today..the raptor is a waste of $$$...the engine blows up by the way

blah blah blah... zzzzzz.........zzzzzzzzzz.... snore.... oh, you done already? :rolleyes:

At least you got it right about the shocks, they are good for stock. My 2001 Raptor still hasn't blown an engine, tranny, etc. I did, however, find out 2 years is too long to wait to service the axle bearings... :o :p

ILGNCC400EX
05-05-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
blah blah blah... zzzzzz.........zzzzzzzzzz.... snore.... oh, you done already? :rolleyes:

At least you got it right about the shocks, they are good for stock. My 2001 Raptor still hasn't blown an engine, tranny, etc. I did, however, find out 2 years is too long to wait to service the axle bearings... :o :p well no chit:eek2: you pull that swingarm bolt out yet have fun

LTandRaptorider
05-05-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by ILGNCC400EX
well no chit:eek2: you pull that swingarm bolt out yet have fun

Yeah, the worst part was you kept calling me kim... :eek: :grr: I greased everything that had a zerk fitting... :o

I'll get the swingarm bolt out... I have BIG hammers! ;)

wantinga400ex
05-05-2004, 09:53 PM
the stock shocks are better than most stock shocks out today..the raptor is a waste of $$$...the engine blows up by the way

Anything can blow up man...wtf

:huh

05-06-2004, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by wantinga400ex
Anything can blow up man...wtf

:huh these blow up more often for no real apparent reason...you never know when there gonna go...coul go in a few days...a few months like my friends....or in a few years, but for what you get with a stock raptor it isnt worth the money !IMO!

LTandRaptorider
05-06-2004, 08:26 AM
these blow up more often for no real apparent reason...you never know when there gonna go...coul go in a few days...a few months like my friends....or in a few years, but for what you get with a stock raptor it isnt worth the money !IMO!

I see you got a 450R... congrats!;) How do you like it? I got a chance to ride one, they're nice. I still think I'll go with the YFZ450 next.

05-06-2004, 10:11 AM
the 450r is nicer than my 400ex....I never rode one before I sold my 400ex but I had alot of miles on the 400ex & alot of mainteance was about to be needed to do that I didnt feel like messing with so I upsized to this. its alot of fun & I just got finished breaking her in & she rips....someone on bluetraxx keeps saying that there raptor with a t4 exhaust & jet kit can beat stock 450r's pretty bad...I cant really believe this but I will know after my friend hopefully fixes his raptor after it blew up...I think hes boring it out or something. LTraptorrider knows i just joke around about yamaha & they made it to easy with the craptor :devil:

660LE
05-06-2004, 03:08 PM
bla bla bla. ive only head of one raptor motor blowing an that was a 727 trinity with only 10 hours on it. my motor is stock for now and the thing still bloody rips my arms outta the sockets. mine is also mx ready with wikked +3+1 a arm, elkas, lonestar axle +4, tucker pro arm swing arm,

Raptor Mike
05-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Hey Jumbo, just what the hell is your beef with Raptors man. I haven't seen 1 Raptor yet with a blown motor. What's the matter, you couldn't afford a REAL quad.

ReconRider25
05-06-2004, 03:43 PM
i know of a kid thats had about 5 recalls on his raptor, another one who blew the clutch 3 times....then a guy on the trails that had a yfz said that when he had his raptor the tranny went out on him.......

wantinga400ex
05-06-2004, 03:55 PM
The 2001 raptors had a tranny problem, and you could also get it fixed for free. Since then, all the problems have been fixed. I also dont understand why a raptor motor would blow up for no apparent reason. :rolleyes:

DEAL
05-06-2004, 04:44 PM
the 450r is nicer than my 400ex....I never rode one before I sold my 400ex but I had alot of miles on the 400ex & alot of mainteance was about to be needed to do that I didnt feel like messing with so I upsized to this. its alot of fun & I just got finished breaking her in & she rips....someone on bluetraxx keeps saying that there raptor with a t4 exhaust & jet kit can beat stock 450r's pretty bad...I cant really believe this but I will know after my friend hopefully fixes his raptor after it blew up...I think hes boring it out or something. LTraptorrider knows i just joke around about yamaha & they made it to easy with the craptor :devil:

I'm not a yamaha fan by any means.
But a piped raptor probably could beat your 450r.
And as far as blowing up the tranny going .. I can't say I've ever seen or heard of this happening on any raptor other than the early 01 models.
Sounds like bias to me.

devildriver422
05-06-2004, 05:05 PM
idk about a raptor beating a 450r im not positive but ive heard that a 400ex will keep up cept for top end and a 450r is a bit faster so im not sure

devildriver422
05-06-2004, 05:06 PM
o yea and raptors are 660s so 200cc dif. if a 450r can keep up then i say its better cuz its lighter

05-06-2004, 05:14 PM
wow...thats not something to brag about...your 660 can maybe beat my 450....ur so big...think about the engine difference & then think about how bad you should be beating me....ya, the craptor blows

wantinga400ex
05-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Jumbo, the raptor isnt a race/drag quad. Maybe thats why its slower but it has more cc's. Its a trail/duner and has loads of torque. So whats your reason why the raptor blows so bad?

05-06-2004, 06:39 PM
my friend had/has one & he bought it brand new..a 2003....every day litle things broke on that POS & it was the worst trail quad ever....starter blew up, upper aarms bent....engine locked up after awhile but the handling was very bad...it couldnt climb hills worth a **** & overall it may have "loads" of torque bt its still the junkiest four wheeler ever.....the riding he did was following me on my 400ex & nothing broke on that...people who say there raptors arent problems are either lying or not riding it hard enough like normal people

Mr.Offroad
05-06-2004, 08:35 PM
O.K., your buddy's fell apart. Did it ever occur to you that after reading all the posts from people who love 'em and DON"T have a problem that maybe A: Your buddy got a lemon, which can occur in any make or model or B: Your buddy is a crappy rider and doesn't have a clue as to mechanical ability or how to properly run the machine. If I wanted to beat your 450R, I'd go buy a YFZ450, simple as that. The Raptor isn't a screamer. That's the only place the 450's make their h.p. I'm not necessarily a Yamaha guy, as all I've had before this were Hondas. And had very good luck with them. But I am an anti-ignorance kinda guy. :huh

05-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Offroad
But I am an anti-ignorance kinda guy. :confused: :rolleyes: wh yare you confused about what you just said? u dont even know what you are

LTandRaptorider
05-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by devildriver422
idk about a raptor beating a 450r im not positive but ive heard that a 400ex will keep up cept for top end and a 450r is a bit faster so im not sure

Trust me, a 400ex will NOT keep up with a Raptor. Out handle it, yes.

Jumbo, you really have a way with people!:blah:

Mr.Offroad
05-06-2004, 10:25 PM
:rolleyes: wh yare you confused about what you just said? u dont even know what you are Huh?:huh

05-07-2004, 06:04 AM
this face means you dont understand me....:huh

this face means you are confuised about what yourself just said=:confused:

any questions?

wishin4ahonda15
05-07-2004, 06:21 AM
hey jumbo u need to shut the hell up. Ive never heard of a raptor engine blowing up. If some did it was probably because they didnt take care of they're raptor. Most raptors would beat ur ugly 450r anyday. Im sure thats theres going to be problems with ur stupid 450. It all depends if you take care of it or not.

05-07-2004, 07:47 AM
raptors suck..go to bluetraxx...people there are making fun of them & they own them themselves...im not saying yamaha sucks...just the craptor...everyone buys one b/c they look cool & then they realize they got suckered into one of the ****tiest atv's ever....& its to late to do anything about it except try to say its perfect when if theres multiple recalls you know theres problems :rolleyes:

wantinga400ex
05-07-2004, 03:33 PM
The recalls are for the 01 raptors man. All the problems have been fixed since then.

Its funny how dirtwheels gives the raptor great ratings and they say its one of the most bought atv's out today...but why would they say that if its such a piece of ****?

:confused: :huh

Mr.Offroad
05-07-2004, 07:31 PM
raptors suck..go to bluetraxx...people there are making fun of them & they own them themselves...im not saying yamaha sucks...just the craptor...everyone buys one b/c they look cool & then they realize they got suckered into one of the ****tiest atv's ever....& its to late to do anything about it except try to say its perfect when if theres multiple recalls you know theres problems :rolleyes: I go to Bluetraxx.... The only one I see slammin' them is some weiner called Jumbo747. Ring a bell?:rolleyes:

LTandRaptorider
05-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Offroad
I go to Bluetraxx.... The only one I see slammin' them is some weiner called Jumbo747. Ring a bell?:rolleyes:

:D :D :D

Ding ding! We have a weiner!!:devil:

sweet300ex
05-07-2004, 08:24 PM
3 pages and not one mod site yet:(

LTandRaptorider
05-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by sweet300ex
3 pages and not one mod site yet:(

It did sort of get off topic, didn't it?!:o

Besides bluetraxx, check out: www.albaaction.com

I'll try to think of some more and post them.

Mr.Offroad
05-07-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by sweet300ex
3 pages and not one mod site yet:( Sorry, dude, I got caught up in the moment. Seriously, If you go to Bluetraxx.com, and click on the Raptor site, those guys have done just about everything to Raptors, and have some good advice. :p

05-08-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by wantinga400ex
The recalls are for the 01 raptors man. All the problems have been fixed since then.

Its funny how dirtwheels gives the raptor great ratings and they say its one of the most bought atv's out today...but why would they say that if its such a piece of ****?

:confused: :huh everyone buys the POS b/c it looks cool & sounds cool with a whole 660 cc's in an outdated engine that can barely beat 400's...personally...i wouldnt pay $6500 for a late 1980 modeled yamaha street bike engine in a quad frame...maybe im just being arrogant :rolleyes: the 2001's had MAJOR problems with tranny & crap...the rest still have all the little problems like bad handling, weak a-arms & stuff like that....overall the raptor is the biggest POS ever (.) period

05-08-2004, 10:59 AM
im not dissing yamaha either...just the craptor...the YFZ is pretty nice :)

660LE
05-08-2004, 11:02 AM
haha barely beat a 400. thats funny sh*t. i gave a stock 400 about a 4 second head start in a drag in our pit i was caught up to him an passed him before he was half way across. and for being the biggest POS ever. ive only had 1 problem an tha was my one way going.

400exbiggun
05-08-2004, 12:05 PM
a raptor loose to a 400...are you JOKING. If you forget how the 400ex is...here is a reminder...ITS SLOW. I had one so dont go off about that. The z-400 is not faster by far, 5-7mph TOPS MAXED OUT faster than a 400ex. the raptors around here smoke the pants off any other 400ex or z-400.
like mentioned about a million times...only the 01 had the most problems...big freaking deal, first year production. And if your buddies a-arms bent, then he must have hit a big freaking rock, there is no a-arm that is going to bend from just sitting there, or trail riding.
I cant believe you are saying all this about the raptor, what about the crappy z-400 frames that are still cracking. I know my friends just cracked a month ago when he bought it like a yr ago. But there is plenty of ppl still buying them. Same with the "slow crappy 660" in your opinion.
Personally i would rather have the raptor than ANY quad in production now. And i will, im planning on buying one soon.

Chef
05-08-2004, 01:26 PM
Not starting a I'm faster than you debate...but Jumbo, I would eat you alive any day on our bone stock 01 Raptor. And its the slowest bike I own! Well, its faster than the Husaberg, but thats because the Husaberg doesnt have a motor.
:p

wantinga400ex
05-08-2004, 05:22 PM
www.bluetraxx.com

probably the biggest yamaha forum man check it out.