PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust for my 300EX

joshm8979
05-02-2004, 09:57 PM
I want exhaust for my 300EX. I don't want anything loud, nothing that will get me in trouble in the woods. I also plan to buy one of the power kits for it too (filter, jets, etc). Thanks for the help. Oh, if you suggest White Brothers exhaust, will the quiet insert kill any power?

tolson
05-03-2004, 06:15 AM
i have a e-series white bros w/ a k&n, no jetting. it runs good, but it is loud. you can tune them thou. i don't know the effect on power.

QUADMASTER
05-27-2004, 07:16 PM
IF YOU WANT AN EXHAUST THAT'S NOT LOUD BUT STILL GIVES GOOD POWER THEN GET THE FMF MEGAMAX. YOU CAN TUNE THEM TO MAKE IT AS LOUD AS YOU WANT, OR AS QUIET AS YOU WANT. THEY ONLY GO SO QUIET THOUGH. IF YOU WANT IT MORE QUIET THEN YOU CAN GET THE QUIET CORE INSERT.

Gatorman199
05-27-2004, 08:37 PM
You can adjust the loudness??? I have one and i never knew that how do you adjust it?

stonerider250x
05-27-2004, 09:04 PM
when u put a quite core in any pipe it is gonna take away sum power. but no drastically u prolly wont really feel the difference. but there has been alot of threads about 300ex pipes in the last couple of weeks. run a search and it should help u with ur desicion some;)

Flo Bee
05-29-2004, 12:37 AM
I've got a 2000 300EX, and I've run an E Series and head pipe with added disks since I bought the bike brand new. In my opinion, you couldn't ask for better exhaust, but everyone tells me the bike's loud. I'm used to race cars, so I don't consider the bike too loud, but it's drastically louder than stock.

I suggest listening to someone's exhaust before buying a system. It's going to be louder, regardless of what you buy, and power curves aren't going to differ too much on such a small motor.

hondaexryda
05-30-2004, 02:04 PM
sparks x-4 !

4wheelboy
05-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by hondaexryda
sparks x-4 !

hmf i got 1 and i love it.:o if i was to get a diferent pipe it would be tc for sure

ZSK
05-30-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by QUADMASTER
IF YOU WANT AN EXHAUST THAT'S NOT LOUD BUT STILL GIVES GOOD POWER THEN GET THE FMF MEGAMAX. YOU CAN TUNE THEM TO MAKE IT AS LOUD AS YOU WANT, OR AS QUIET AS YOU WANT. THEY ONLY GO SO QUIET THOUGH. IF YOU WANT IT MORE QUIET THEN YOU CAN GET THE QUIET CORE INSERT.

Don't go with the FMF megamax it isn't really worth the money. Didn't really add that much power and the mounting seems odd. Mine fell off during a race and I lost it. there's a clamp to the header and a clamp that goes around the silencer, it broke on a jump and then worked it's way off. Just bought an HMF and it rips!!! Great craftsman ship, perfect welds, and great mounting. Gives the header clamp and 2 mounting brackets to the frame. It's loud, but with the quiet core it will come down. Adds more power with a slip on than the FMF did with a full system.

JDiablo
05-30-2004, 08:34 PM
this is how a HMF pipe sounds

JDiablo
05-30-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
this is how a HMF pipe sounds

ooopppsss nvm bout that,get a HMF with a quiet core,i heard they are just a smidge louder then stock with it :confused: idk though