PDA

View Full Version : HRC jetting without cam?

MTEXRANCHER
05-02-2004, 09:18 PM
I put on everything from the HRC kit onto the 450 except the cam. I'm not sure if I want the cam, because the people from HFM told me they got better low end power results without the Cam, and I have a full pipe on the way. I switched back to the stock needle down one notch because I was getting a bad bog at mid throttle with changes. That problem is now gone but, I am having a heck of a time with the main jet. Started at 185, now Im down to a 160 and it still boggs at full throttle. I'm at 4000' with the airbox lid off. Has anybody else tried this?

tkwarrior
05-03-2004, 11:07 AM
It's true the HRC came takes away from low end but gives you bigger gains in the mid/high end. I think the HRC cam is better because this bike was made to be rev'd not lugged around in the woods.

Blown 331
05-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by tkwarrior
It's true the HRC came takes away from low end but gives you bigger gains in the mid/high end. I think the HRC cam is better because this bike was made to be rev'd not lugged around in the woods.

Agree, I have the fully HRC kit and I love it. It makes good top end power and the low end is good enough plus I hear a pipe will add a lot of low end. I haven't ordered mine yet. If your concerned that much with the low end you might be better off on a 400EX, it's more of a low end thumper.