PDA

View Full Version : Yoshimura Pipe Question????

FoxRacer400ex
03-18-2002, 10:39 AM
I ordered a Yoshimura pipe about a month ago and put it on, but I was wondering why my Yoshimura Slip-on says Offroad at the bottom and not RS3. It was back-ordered so I think it is the new model but I just want to know if anyone else has this model for there 400ex or when you got whatever model you have.:confused:

gojk
03-18-2002, 12:44 PM
I got mine from Marcums and it says offroad also but I still love it. I don't know what the difference is.

ChadEXer
03-18-2002, 01:23 PM
i got mine over 2 months ago and it says offroad

Quadfather
03-18-2002, 02:31 PM
Mine says Offroad as well. I switched from a Curtis Sparks X4. The Yosh is ten times quieter, and the power loss is minimal. I love the Yosh.

Atomic83
03-18-2002, 02:31 PM
Mine says offroad too. The RS3 might be the version with the removable spark arrestor.

ChadEXer
03-18-2002, 03:41 PM
mine is the offroad and it does have the removable spark arrestor. The RS_3 came with or without the spark arrestor. the offroad only comes with a spark arrestor, but it is removable

Atomic83
03-18-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
The RS_3 came with or without the spark arrestor. the offroad only comes with a spark arrestor, but it is removable

Chad, mine is an offroad and it doesn't have a spark arrestor, There might be an offroad version that comes with a spark arrestor but there is also one without it. Mine isn't even made for one (doesn't have the removable tip)

ChadEXer
03-18-2002, 07:34 PM
The spark arrestor is the screen right behind the end cap. I called Yoshimura before i ordered mine and thats what they told me. They said the new Offroad version will have a spark arrestor mandatory. he said they wont even make pipes for offroad vehicles without spark arrestors anymore. i was mad cause i had to pay for a spark arrestor when i new i would take it out. yours should have 3 allen heads that you loosen then take off the endcap and then take out the spark arrestor

SGA
03-18-2002, 07:35 PM
Mine says offroad also. I think they just changed the the name from RS3 to offroad. The first one I got had ''SA'' behind the part number on the box. That means ''Spark Arrestor'' and it had a non removable cap. I called yoshi and told them I wanted the end cap removable so I could put in the quiet core or pull out the spark arrestor. They said I wanted the part number to end with ''TEC'' That means ''Tuneable End Cap". That what I got. I like it. Heres the link http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/

ChadEXer
03-18-2002, 07:45 PM
That is weird. Mine said SA behind the part number too and my encap is removable. I took it off and took out my spark arrestor. What is going on here. I swear thats what yoshi told me. the new offroads would have the spark arrestor but they are removable. I removed mine!!

SGA
03-18-2002, 07:56 PM
Now that I read your post i think i remember the guy at yoshi saying something about all yoshi offroad pipes would be changing to the removable end caps. That was about 8-9 months ago when I bought mine.

Atomic83
03-18-2002, 08:01 PM
Well like I said... Mine is an offroad without a spark arrestor or removable end cap.

ChadEXer
03-18-2002, 08:17 PM
You gettin smart with me:mad: Im just telling you what I was told and what I have

Atomic83
03-18-2002, 08:31 PM
No i'm not getting smart, I told you mine didn't have a spark arrestor and you tried to say it did, but we are straight now. So where do you live in Texas?

spincr4hire
03-19-2002, 05:47 AM
I just ordered mine from Marcum's last Tuesday, it says RS-3, go figure. I love the way the pipe sounds and the added power it gives, I jumped my main jet up to a 165. Did any of you guys have to change out the spark plug to a hotter or colder one ?

ChadEXer
03-19-2002, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by sgaexer
Now that I read your post i think i remember the guy at yoshi saying something about all yoshi offroad pipes would be changing to the removable end caps. That was about 8-9 months ago when I bought mine.
This is what he told me also. And when i got mine it was a offraod with removable end cap and SA. It sounds much better without the spark arrestor!!

Atomic83. I live in Longview. I am a freight forwarding agent and i have freight that picks up there in bryan\college station all the time at All Seasons Commercial

spincr4hire You dont HAVE to change the plug but If you change to a DPZ9EA(I think thats it) anyway a 9 instead of a stock 8 it will lower your head temp by 5 degrees.