PDA

View Full Version : kick start for xc

xc-YFZ
05-02-2004, 08:10 PM
i run gncc and have had battery problem after proble
i want to ket a kickstart kit
but i need to know if it starts pritty easy or not...
im going to keep the electric start and just by a new batt.
what do you guys think
help please need depenability..

bradley300
05-02-2004, 09:35 PM
for xc, if it dosent come w/ a kicker, i wouldnt waste your time buying one. talk to pappy about your battery troubles

dwf126
05-03-2004, 08:27 AM
By budding has had problem with his battery also. He has replaced it 2x and is now runnign a 400ex battery. After the first time he put the kick start on.

It runs about $220 for the minimum I think.

The first time your batter dies in the middle of the woods, that kicker make a nice backup.

If I have any trouble with my battery, I am going to put one on.

Wingnut
05-03-2004, 08:45 AM
I've been having trouble out of mine too. Before Loretta Lynn's it wasn't charging, but after replacing a connection it would charge. But, the battery died again at Sparta. It's getting real frustrating.

Does anyone know what kind of kicker Kory Ellis uses? I've noticed he hasn't had to trim the fenders.

yellowrider
05-03-2004, 10:28 AM
when has all of your battery issues started?

because so far mine is perfect and starts everytime with a push of a button with choke pulled out half way?????

whats the deal.. when you take your bike apart do you not put ev3erything back together or something..

cause most of the time its when someone took something apart and didnt put it back together right which caused the problem

EvilJester400EX
05-03-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Wingnut
Does anyone know what kind of kicker Kory Ellis uses? I've noticed he hasn't had to trim the fenders.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe he uses a YZ250F lever.

xc-YFZ
05-03-2004, 05:32 PM
yeah at lynns mine about went dead and at sparta it did
i think im going to order a cbr 600 battery and that trail tech thing
and also get the kicker for back up
i hope that works

i was told that if you take your lights off thats what starts all the problems like the battery over charges or something
i dont have my lights on. but its still bull that it does that
i was talking to a guy on yfzcentral.com that has a licker and he said his starts first kick every time so i think im going to order on

$250 and bad for knowing my quad is going to start.

xc-YFZ
05-03-2004, 05:39 PM
wingnut... what happend to you at sparta.......
i run stock class too
if i can get the bugs worked out of this darn thing i hope i can stay on your tail.......:D
every time i get up in the pak with you guys somethin goes wrong. like getin takin out by a 4x4 and tearin the tendin in my elbo....
in pa. ill be up there for shur
im wipin the bad luck off right now,,,,,:D

Wingnut
05-03-2004, 06:08 PM
I thought the battery was dead, but it looks like the starter relay went bad. Finally got the battery to charge and now something else gose wrong.:rolleyes:

xc-YFZ
05-03-2004, 07:38 PM
well i dont think my starter relay is bad becouse we hooked a jump box up time mine at the race adn it started right up.....so im going to order a raptor battery.....it going to take a little moding but it has way more power.....
stock battery cca is 85
raptor cca 200

i hope my starter relay didnt go bad...
im also going to order that trail tech regulator/rectifier.....it sappost to help........

dwf126
05-10-2004, 02:43 PM
I know 3 people whose start button went bad. After mine went out, I replaced the whole assembly with the kill switch from a dirtbike. I don't run lights, so I didn't need the the on/off or high/low buttons. Another guy I know just wired the dirtibike switch into the stock assembly to have as a back up.

I would recommend the kick starter as a backup to anyone who has had electrical problems. It seems like once they start, they just won't go away.

hondaexryda
05-30-2004, 04:51 PM
ellis runs a yamaha dirtbike kicker, i think yz250

hondaexryda
05-30-2004, 04:51 PM
ellis runs a yamaha dirtbike kicker, i think yz250

MJNOVA
05-31-2004, 03:07 PM
I had a starter button problem on my first one. I took it apart nd cleaned it and it worked well. The dealer in the meantime had ordered another one and I didn't have any more problems.

Bretmd94
05-31-2004, 06:37 PM
boy I sure am loving my nice easy kick starter. :blah:

just playing, i used to even have trouble with my old raptors starter. Couldnt handle the high comp piston.

daddio
06-01-2004, 07:00 AM
I put the kick start on mine and it saved me out in the dunes this weekend. it isn't that hard to start using the hot start lever.
we were hill climbing out of "idiot holes" and I kept killing it, so I used the electric starter alot without running it enough to charge the battery back up. when we got back to camp, I gave the battery a full charge from the generator, and I didn't have any more problems.