PDA

View Full Version : ran my first mx race today

Bretmd94
05-02-2004, 04:25 PM
I ended up taking first in my class agianst 2 or 3 other riders. I think there were like 8 total racing together. I decided to enter the middle class for quads (junior) instead of intermediate jsut because it was my first race.

There was only 1 intermediate rider on a built 250r, with very nice suspension. I took second overall behind him in both motos. The rest of the field wasnt doing the small 20ft doubles, or the 45ft step up like me. I also was clearing all the tables becides the 90ft finish line. No one was hitting the brand new ugly 45ft double, or the new 90ft double (full on roush creek style). I play to do the 90fter soon though, I over shot the 45ft step up by like 30ft in practice (about knocked myself out i hit so hard). So i know i can do it, and im comfy enough in the air to handle it. I jsut really really dont want to come up short.

With the rest of the quads not clearing the jumps, i had a pretty easy race to a 1st place in junior (it sounds like a little kid class but im 21) I figure I will stay in junior till i get aftermarket suspension and make my bike wider. Which will probably be next year because im paying for my 450r, and im poor. That and getting some small sponsors after one race, and not even in the highest class at the track, I really doubt it will happen.

Anyways, I was jsut a little excited aobut it and wanted to share it with anyone thinking of starting racing. Its not as bad as it seems, all of the competitors were very nice, There were 3 classes and only 8 riders, so pretty much everyone got a trophy if you finished a race. On top of everything else, it was very fun, and i already have friends racing dirtbikes who were very supportive.

Out_Sider
05-02-2004, 05:05 PM
good to hear you had a fun. lol. that's all that matters, in my race today i finished 1st out of 3 riders.