PDA

View Full Version : What the motercycle GNCC in Sparta cancelled?

ILGNCC400EX
05-02-2004, 11:11 AM
I bet there is alot of P.O 'D people! Is this the first time this has ever happend? What will they do now? But it wasn't too muddy for the ATV's Was it?:mad:

Bill Fuller
05-02-2004, 11:16 AM
Yea what a bunch of sissys.After the scene that was made at Florida last year I have lost respect for the dirt bikes.I thought a harescramble was about racing in any conditions.It wasn't to bad for the ATV's.The only reason I can see to cancel a race is lightening.Next thing they'll want is a paved course.

cdalejef
05-02-2004, 11:21 AM
Only other time that I can remember them canceling the bike race was in 93 in Greenville TN, there was 24" of snow.

quadracer12
05-02-2004, 11:30 AM
i would guess the reason for canceling is the parking situation. i bet they pulled rigs out till daylight this morning. there is no way they could pull every bike rider in in time for the race.

remlapr
05-02-2004, 11:31 AM
I agree, I don't know if it was the riders or Racer Productions that caused it to get cancelled. I wonder if the situation in the parking areas had more to do with it then the course? When I was leaving they were turning all the bike people that were showing up around and sending them back home.

xcyfz450
05-02-2004, 11:31 AM
the only reason why they cancelled was due to parking when the race was over yesterday everybody had to be towed out by a tractor and anyone the night before or that morning was towed in
we diddnt get pulled out till 9 o'clock last night

i know they cancelled the brownsville race back in 1996 for the same reasons nobody at all raced and they did the same at macon georgia i belive in 2000

Winged Warrior
05-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Could this mean the end of our home race:(

cdalejef
05-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Winged Warrior
Could this mean the end of our home race:( No, I believe there is two more years left on the contract.

bradley300
05-02-2004, 01:15 PM
the track wasnt too bad, but i understand them cancelling the race b/c there was almost no one that couldhave got to and from the road under thier own power

Bonnie Cook
05-02-2004, 01:18 PM
Jeff@Quadshop quote:
Only other time that I can remember them canceling the bike race was in 93 in Greenville TN, there was 24" of snow.

WOW, that shows how old me and Jeff are!!! I was there too, sleeping in the van on the Closed interstates.
I called my dad last night at 10:30 and he said they were still working by tractor light and most people were just wanting to wait till the morning so nothing got tore up. The race was cancelled soley based on parking. My dad said the bikes would have raced if they could have gotten in the place! To be honest, I think my dad is still stuck there!!! Unfortunately, he will be the last to be towed out!!!

bradley300
05-02-2004, 01:21 PM
i have to thank everyone that helped pull everyone out, one guy on a big blue tractor said he pulled people in and out until 130 sat. morning, and then from 7am too 11pm when he pulled me out, and he wasnt done yet

cdalejef
05-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Bonnie Hamrick
Jeff@Quadshop quote:

You aren't supposed to point that out Bonnie!:grr:

cheetah
05-02-2004, 01:34 PM
The Lincoln Aviator made it out under its own power towing our trailer.:macho Although I thought we were going to take out the Maxxis booth we were completely sideways. And a man literally dived out of our way we were completely sideways.:blah:

bradley300
05-02-2004, 01:42 PM
lol, you should have seen the ole s-10 xtreme try to get in! we started at the quadshop trailer and hit 40mph by the end of pro row, almost took out the ITP booth and slid sideways around the right hand turn going behind pro row, lol

400exmom
05-02-2004, 02:58 PM
whoever thought a lil rain dance could cause so much havoc

cdalejef
05-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by 400exmom
whoever thought a lil rain dance could cause so much havoc :devil:

MooseRacing
05-02-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Yea what a bunch of sissys.After the scene that was made at Florida last year I have lost respect for the dirt bikes.I thought a harescramble was about racing in any conditions.It wasn't to bad for the ATV's.The only reason I can see to cancel a race is lightening.Next thing they'll want is a paved course.

Nice way to represent the quad fraternity....no wonder so many quad folks think bike guys have no respect for them with the moronic attitude you have.

It was bad for the ATVs and for everyone involved. When we were finally able to be towed out at 10PM there was no way anyone was getting in there to park let alone race. When the big rain came through around 6 it destroyed many vendor displays, including crushing ITPs EZ-ups and created a swamp on the main drive.

Bill Fuller
05-02-2004, 05:55 PM
Oh sorry to make us look bad by stating my opinion.I seen and heard the dirt bike riders complaining about how bad the track was last year in Florida.How they cried it would tear ther motors up and equipment.:rolleyes: I appreciate your opinion on my additude also..........................yea like I give a chit:blah: I would also like to say that I wa uninformed about the parking situation but can still hear the whinning from here from the bikes about the mud and poor conditions.While I'm ranting I would also like to say that I don't care what the bike riders think or say about the quad guys if I did care I would ride a bike.

cdalejef
05-02-2004, 06:07 PM
I was disappointed, I wanted to go back and race bikes today. :(

xcyfz450
05-02-2004, 06:07 PM
there isnt one quad guy that is happy about racing florida either for the same fact its a swamp and tears up equipment also so the bike guys arent just a bunch of cry babies the things u say they cry about are the same thing most the quad guys do

Abby121
05-02-2004, 06:12 PM
They were still pulling people out of there this morning.

cdalejef
05-02-2004, 06:14 PM
I like the florida track! The only thing I tore up was rear brake pads. I think the guys (quads) that tear their motors up are the same ones that refuse to run airbox lids. Thats just asking for trouble in XC racing.

popo
05-02-2004, 07:26 PM
I guess I should have raced NAKED to keep El Nino away.

Braff1
05-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Jeff will be banned from the next Sparta race so racers and fans can get in and out of the parking lot.

bradley300
05-02-2004, 08:46 PM
i agree w/ bill, xc racing is about racing in ANY conditions. if you dont like it muddy or rough, go race flat track.

as for tearing up equipment, thats part of and why sponsers are around, wich is all the more reason to go to as many racxes as possible, to keep your sponsers happy.

the parking sitiation at this track was obviosly a problem and the race should have been cancelled, but once again, i agree with bill, ALOT of the bike guys seem to be arrogant towards the quads like thier on some sort of pedastal:rolleyes:

and i wish every track was like florida in 2003:devil:

CatMostFeared
05-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
I like the florida track! The only thing I tore up was rear brake pads. I think the guys (quads) that tear their motors up are the same ones that refuse to run airbox lids. Thats just asking for trouble in XC racing.

ditto:)

79400ex
05-02-2004, 09:45 PM
The race was bad. I spent the hole race stuick just trying climbing one hill. It wasn't that the mud dept was that back bad but it was sliclk. I am average to above average ride but I just couldn't get up some of the hills. As for being pulling out, I had to be pulled out three time just to make it to the rode. For person who wanted know who was on the blue tractor, I believe a that was the land owner.

bradley300
05-02-2004, 09:51 PM
i had almost no trouble what so ever, all it takes is a good set of tires and my 22 inch mud machines sure did the trick, got stuck once and that was all my fault, picked a bad line around a rider and wound up in a creek

Meek
05-03-2004, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
wound up in a creek

I thought that you just wanted to visit with me

bradley300
05-03-2004, 09:07 AM
yeah, i came down to give you riddin lessons:blah:

Pappy
05-03-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by popo
I guess I should have raced NAKED to keep El Nino away.

its El Jeffro from here forward:blah:

Doibugu2
05-03-2004, 09:41 AM
i had almost no trouble what so ever, all it takes is a good set of tires and my 22 inch mud machines sure did the trick, got stuck once and that was all my fault, picked a bad line around a rider and wound up in a creek

Well that was my problem. I coudn't get ****zz for traction with my 20" klaws.

I was thinking about buying a set of 22's, I wish I would have. Got high sided at least 2 times.

Bill Fuller
05-03-2004, 05:40 PM
Thanks Bradley!I enjoy watching the bikes ride as much as the quads.But don't get me wrong my loyalty is with the quads.I can fully understand the race being cancelled due to no parking.Oh yea a good pair of 22 in. tires does wonders for the muddy conditions.

Meek
05-03-2004, 09:53 PM
yeah, i came down to give you riddin lessons:blah:

You are a nice guy

Matt's_V-Force
05-04-2004, 07:37 PM
You guys are all right. The parking and the track probably played into the cancellation of the race. My only beef with RP is why were we there at all. I have only been to 8-9 different tracks but that was the worst one yet. They started calling for rain about Tuesday of that week. Why not some gravel or prep. for the at least some kinda of pathway. It was a great track to run though. I had a great time....until I waited 6 hours to get the RV and trailer pulled out.

Abby121
05-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Why not some gravel or prep. for the at least some kinda of pathway

There were rocks on the "road" when we got there at around 10am Friday and they kept dumping more rock on till early afternoon but I think they figured out it was hopeless. We got in with no problem but had to be pulled out.