PDA

View Full Version : Sand Lake Saturday

Manny55
05-02-2004, 10:48 AM
Well i went to sand lake saturday. There was one raptor there i could never beat i never did ask him what he did to his bike. But, i did race 2 other raptors and beat them everytime. I also beat 2 other 450rs but they were stock, so i guess that doesn't really count eh. I raced a predator beat him, i raced a 85 or 86 ATC250r and i am very surprised i beat him i thought those things could haul balls. I mean they couldn't even take the stock 450rs that were racing. Maybe it was just the rider or something. But yea i really wanted a piece of that predator, i beat him by about 3-4 quad lengths. But not one yamaha 450 wanted to race. That really sucked i was looking foward to beating one :devil:! Oh well there is always next time.

#1speedbump
05-03-2004, 04:01 PM
Way to go Manny. The Raptor was probably bored/stroked and turbo'd;) . Sorry you didnt get to beat up on a yammi, truely it wouldve been close:rolleyes: Any other SLD members ther?? When you gettin the LRD cam?

MIA450R
05-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Ok, I wasn't at Sand Lake (I WISH!!!!), but I did have the honor of beating 2 Yamahas in drags yesterday, so I figured I'd share the good news. I took out a Raptor (I think stock) and a Banshee with FMF SST pipes/silencers and some engine work. Left the Raptor way behind and beat the Banshee by 6-10 lengths in 200-300 yard drags in the sand.

Gotta find me some YFZ now...

WOracing
05-03-2004, 06:01 PM
I am still wondering how you guys beat banshees:rolleyes:

Manny55
05-03-2004, 07:01 PM
I didn't beat a banshee that bad but banshees aren't as quick as you think. It does have way more top end then the 450r but thats it.

#1speedbump
05-03-2004, 09:52 PM
What is it that makes you wonder about a 450 beating a banshee. Yes banshees are king of the sand when highly modified but with only pipes, filters, etc they are not that fast. Not only that but the 450 is extremely fast w/o a pipe. Sorry that it makes you wonder maybe we can get some video and post it in the near furture. Until then we'll just keep handin it to em and makin em feel stupid for buyin a yammi