PDA

View Full Version : wider yfz?

Rebel7
05-01-2004, 07:48 PM
Hey i was wondering instead of buying extended a-arms how come no one buys wheel spacers would it do the same thing or no?ill be getting a yfz soon and i wanna get it wider for mx racing just wondering Thanks

Austin

cryan54935
05-02-2004, 03:49 PM
This is just what I heard.

When you have whhel spacers on the front and rear there is a lot more stress on the arms, axle, hubs and spindles.

I would not do it.

That is just my opinion though. If you were just going to trail ride, it might be fine.

If you are going to ride mx, that could be dangerous.

Rebel7
05-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Thanks didnt no that

Quad411
05-07-2004, 02:11 PM
I race tt, and I got my front end right at 50" going with a 2+4 front rim.

05-07-2004, 02:30 PM
wider a-arms are a LOT better. one like he said you will put a lot more stress on the spendals and ball joint and run a very good possibilty of breaking them. also wheel spacers create a lot more bump steer and make the quad handle bad. thirdly with the outside of the tire being so far out from the center line of the spindel anything the tire touches like catching run will want to pull the bars out of your hands bad, and a steering stabilzer will not help much

if you are funning tt or flat track spacers are not as bad of an Idea.

sylvan56473
05-08-2004, 12:13 PM
I can vouch for this too. We put wheel spacers on the front and back of our YFZ for my wife. She let me take it out to her better judgment and it handled poorly with the front wheel spacers on it. It wanted to wander all over the place and the bumpsteer was horrible. I ended up bending the axle just running small jumps. I would highly recommend staying away from them. For the money you would spend you are better of just buying an axle since the stock one will probalby bend anyways.

Chef
05-08-2004, 01:10 PM
If you want to be fast running TT or Flattrack you need to just get some a-arms. Sure, the wheel spacers move the tires out farther, but it screws up acrement, bump steer (the toe change throughout the wheel travel), and you still cant adjust the camber.