PDA

View Full Version : Trenga Hydrolic Brake Kit?

BlasterKid823
05-01-2004, 06:36 AM
I just recently bought the Trenga hydrolic brake kit for my 00' blaster..and it hasnt been working at all....for the first week, i loved it...now its not working so good:rolleyes: does anybody else have this kit on theyre blaster? help

HFMex1
05-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Buy a Honda.

No seriously just call trenga.

They seemed to have excellent costomer service when I bought by 30 Mill. carb from them bout a year ago.

They'll help ya.

Did you bleed them good enough?

T@AFP
05-03-2004, 02:11 PM
The braking systems they sell are for a cart.
The rotors on the cart are much thicker than the ones on the blaster. So to remedy the problem take the braking system to a machine shop and have them take of equal distances on both sides. This will allow the brakes to close closer together.

BlasterKid823
05-03-2004, 04:40 PM
ya...we bled em...but no air seemed to come out:mad:

sparks400
05-03-2004, 06:24 PM
try and clean the brake piston and see if the sliders r still sliding , to clean ur piston tkae it out take terry cloth get all the crud off of it, all the crub would be at the top and then take brake fulid rubb it around around, then at the top of the take terry ruff that up ( not the part indents the piece that pops out) then take a pair of channel locks and press the piston back to where its flush with the caliper, then slid ur sliders with ur hand and push it back out, put the pads back on, add brake fluid, and bleed, and make sure the the bolt that cnnects the brake isnt clog

oneten
05-22-2004, 12:15 PM
i had a blaster with hydrolic rear breaks but they weren trenga!!! and mine actualy had alot of air in the lines and they still worked i had clear lines so i could see that there was air in the lines!!! and we thought that i would skrew them up so we kept bleading them and they do that!!! they dont shoot any air out but you know theres air in the lines!!! try to put clear lines on them then you can see the fluid!!! and yeah what they said call trenga they made the breaks they can proly fix them to!!! pm me if you have any questions!!!

Rip_Tear
05-22-2004, 06:25 PM
Are the brakes actually bleeding? Like fluid is comming out the bleeders? Are the brake pads moving?

haywire4130
05-23-2004, 01:42 AM
the trenga setup is terrible. i work at a shop and we quoted a kid .75 hours to install the kit. well, 2 days ( and several phone calls later), they worked okay (not much better than the stock mechanical unit). they are a very poorly designed system. they don't use a sliding caliper mount which automatically centers the caliper. instead they use a fixed mount and the rotor centers itself on the axle. try taking off your brake hub and clean the splines with scotch brite and a SMALL amount of anti sieze or grease. just make sure it slides smoothly or one pad will do all the work and try to bend the disc. you will have better luck with a sliding type caliper like on most oem rear brakes. maybe there's a machinist in your family?