PDA

View Full Version : Rear shock adjustment?

kc 300EX
04-30-2004, 08:44 PM
Im new to having a rear shock thats adjustable, so I want to learn more about it.

Right now, on my KFX the rear shock seems like it rebounds too fast, when it gets rough it feels like Im going to endo and go over the bars, from the rear being too bouncy. I know a short swingarm is at fault too, but what adjustments should I make to try and help this problem?
Thanks for the info.

Dr. Quad
04-30-2004, 11:08 PM
if you have your onwers manual it tells you ha to adjust your rebound and compression on the rear if not let me know and i will try to help theres a old saying the faster the rebound the faster the rider good luck

shaff107
05-04-2004, 08:16 PM
slowing down your rebound would take the kicking of your rear end away to a certain point. but to slow will make the rear shock pack up. so u will have to do a trial and error kinda deal. hopes this helps

z400ACDC
05-05-2004, 06:14 AM
IMO, the Z rear shock is just crap. I could not adjust it to get that KICK out of it. The Axis fixed it:) If I were you, I would just save up for a better shock. Works, Elka, Axis, any of them is way better than stock.

spincr4hire
05-05-2004, 07:00 AM
Elka and TCS both have a stock rebuild kit for the Z, too. I have the TCS on mine and it works great.