PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroke oil in a 4 stoke??

mjtwvc
04-30-2004, 08:25 PM
a local dealer told me every one was running hp racing trans-oil
sae 80w/85w in there trannys and hp4 synthetic in the engine
last wekend i did my first oil change and i put maxum4 10w/40w
and i went to the dunes with a new set of paddles and after riding hard i was climbing a hill and the thing had no power in first gear and had to flip a b**ch i road harder a couple weekends ago with out the paddles and had no such problem only things diffrent are the paddles and the oil ??
says its the **** for the cr and 250r!! any suggestions would be great gonna do it tomorrow?:eek:

TRX450rRoostin
04-30-2004, 10:24 PM
yea thats what my dealer gave me too.....its the right stuff(the 2-stroke oil)

2004TRX450R
05-01-2004, 02:12 AM
What paddles did you get. You probaby over paddled the bike. Everyone thinks they need to get the biggest paddles with the most bite but if you get to much it will actually be worse than none at all. I've seen it many times.

The HP Trans oil is the stuff you want. It is in the red pointy bottle. Also you used 10W/40 not 10W/40W. It's not possible to have a 10W/40W oil.

mjtwvc
05-01-2004, 07:20 AM
your right it was a misprint on my part 10w/40 not 10w/40w..

i bought a pair of sand sharks 20x11x8 on douglas rims for 124.00
did i mess up ?? i heard smaller tires would run better on my tall geared bike but they were alot more . i am planning a sprocket
change i was thinking a 14 tooth but after reading a bit i think
i'll go with a 13 tooth .
if i did get a little bigger then i should have wont the sprocket change makeup for it?? 1 more question when i do my sprocket
i'm gonna need a chain tool and a master link or do you just press the old one back on??and is'nt it 1 link per tooth you drop??

thanx guys or girls for your input:macho

2004TRX450R
05-02-2004, 11:34 AM
The stock sprocket is a 14 tooth so that wouldn't have done you any good anyway. The 13 is the way to go. It should help out in turning those tires. You don't need a chain braker or anything. Just loosen the chain take the old sprocket off stick the new one on slide the chain over it and readjust your chain. There is enough adjustment to get it right again without takeing any links out.