PDA

View Full Version : Goin to build a ramp

Acidburn
04-30-2004, 08:22 AM
hey guys

ok we are making a track on our property and we were gonna build the ramps out of wood but i would like some ideas on how big the ramps should be i was thinking about 4x8x?
but i need to know on how long it should be. i am goin to make the landings with dirt. if you guys could help me that would be great. Thanks.

_________
gary

flyin#5
04-30-2004, 04:59 PM
unless your carving it out of a big stump, leave quad ramps to metal. wood can rot and is much more likely to break on you, and if it does, its not gonna be pretty.

hessianmx111
04-30-2004, 05:27 PM
my advice to you would be get good on dirt doubles, and be able to clear them and tabletops first, from your other post you sound like your just starting to jump, so build a few dirt jumps first maybe or learn to hit the ones at the track and get good and confident on those before building a ramp:)

LilDacktyle
05-01-2004, 04:56 PM
yea, you should really use metal. it will last you a lot longer and it will be better in the long run.

Acidburn
05-01-2004, 09:30 PM
ok if i were to use metal how big you think i should go? im new so i was thinkin 4 foot high 5 feet wide and i dunno how long do you think that is good for a beginner just wondering.

LilDacktyle
05-01-2004, 11:24 PM
i was thinkin about makin a ramp too and im also new at riding quads. i use to ride dirt bikes and me and my buddys built a profesional freestlye ramp and it was 8 feet tall, 23 feet long and 4 feet wide. i was lookin around at quad ramps and i found some dimenions that said make it the same length and heigth as the dirt bike ramp, but to just make it wider, like 8 feet. so i think im goin to just do that. but im not sure if you need it as steep. so i still have to find some info. if you want to see the ramp we built go to www.fmxramps.com and click on Rev. 1.