PDA

View Full Version : 450R Rear tires, which ones to get??

joe1l
04-29-2004, 11:13 PM
I'm trying to decide between RazR's and Kenda Klaws! I have Klaws on my 250R and I love them, but my 250R can break loose any tires. I want to know if the the RazR's get more or less traction. The stock tires get a little too much traction for my liking, I would like a little more wheel slip. I'm thinking the Razrs will probably slip a little better. Does anyone know?
Joe

04-30-2004, 05:26 AM
klaws but I dont have experience with them on a 450r...just got mine but that will be my next rear tire

stealth400ex
04-30-2004, 06:48 AM
i going with the razr mx's

jmoney45
04-30-2004, 06:51 AM
kenda klaws. awesome tires. great traction, they last long, and they're cheaper. it was a no brainer for me.

snow4fun
04-30-2004, 06:54 AM
Joe1,

Can you tell me where I can see a picture of your bike with the HMF pipe W/red silencer? I saw in another post you had one but the link to the picture doesn't come up. I am really interesed in a picture with the pipe installed. - You can email me at: fullthrottlescott@earthlink.net
Thanks Scott

joe1l
04-30-2004, 12:47 PM
Can you tell me where I can see a picture of your bike with the HMF pipe W/red silencer? I saw in another post you had one but the link to the picture doesn't come up. I am really interesed in a picture with the pipe installed. - You can email me at: fullthrottlescott@earthlink.net

I will send you a pic when i get home from work tonight!

kenda klaws. awesome tires. great traction, they last long, and they're cheaper. it was a no brainer for me.

I'm not sure I want great traction!! I want a little more slip with this bike!

Hammer trx450r
04-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Hey joe1 did you get the shock?let us know how that setup is?

RedRacer44
05-01-2004, 10:59 AM
I've ran Holeshots for the past few years and have always had pretty good luck with them except they are REALLY soft compound and they wear pretty fast. I've rode with Klaws on a 426EX and they were great tires!

I decided to switch up on my 450R and go old school.....got me a set of 18x10x8 Turf Tamers on Douglas Ultimate beadlocks. I'm really loving the Tamers, great traction and bite everywhere. They slide and break loose just right with the 4-stroke power. I'd really consider a set of Turf Tamers, pro racers have been running them for years....must be doing somethign right! And they are a lot cheaper than most tires!!!