PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket 400ex Needle

COOTERGUY
04-29-2004, 09:50 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A COMPANY OTHER THEN DYNOJET THAT OFFERS PERFORMANCE NEEDLES FOR A 400EX CARB.

cals400ex
04-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by COOTERGUY
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A COMPANY OTHER THEN DYNOJET THAT OFFERS PERFORMANCE NEEDLES FOR A 400EX CARB.

No!

i looked and called several companies and didn't have any luck. you could just start trying different keihin needles and some would work but who knows which ones. some of the engine builders offere their special needles too but the 400ex doesn't list extra needles at like sudco and other places for example.

hondarider2006
04-30-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by COOTERGUY

Whats wrong with the stock needle???

cals400ex
04-30-2004, 12:38 PM
i don't think anything is wrong with the stock needle. however, once i started modding the bike, the jetting never seemed to be where i wanted it. i would get great idle and full throttle, but then it would backfire on decel. if i turned the fuel skrew out more or installed a larger pilot, then it wouldn't idle right becasue it was too rich. i just think the diameter and/or taper of the needle needs to be changed when you start modding your bike pretty good. i got everything to work OK, but i was no where near satisfied. i changed carbs and the problem was gone. however, i just didn't like the fcr 39 as much as i thought i would and i mainly want to try other carbs out to see what i like best. the fcr 39 had great throttle response. i gained a good amount in throttle response and down low for coming out of a corner, but up top it wasn't much better than stock. maybe i just had my stock one dialed in pretty good for full throttle and the fcr wasn't. i don't know. i would get the same plug readings for both carbs so i assume they were tuned similar, but i never had idleing or popping problems with the fcr. maybe the slide or needle jet needed to be changed in the stock carb. there were to many variables to mess with and i wanted more power so i just went aftermarket instead of trying to tweak the stock one more. i now have a fcr 40 but i haven't tried it out yet. good luck

nicky slee
04-30-2004, 06:36 PM
Yeah i bought a jet kit from ct racing and it came with titanium needle. This needle is a richer needle