PDA

View Full Version : bike wont start

joeyc450
04-29-2004, 08:47 PM
finnaly finished my bike and went 2 start and "click" from the battery every time i hit the button. went and bought a new battery and let it charge, and the same problem. then i took a working battery from my bros yfz and put it in my bike and im having the same clicking noise. any ideas. the battery from my bike works fine in his bike. so that out rules the battery. a lil stuck any help would be great

JDiablo
04-29-2004, 08:55 PM
start relay might be shot...only thing i could think of....but check all connections,etc...and make sure you have no blown fuses and all good ground connections

joeyc450
04-29-2004, 10:03 PM
checked the fuses and the connections.. i notice the started selinoid is doing the clicking and bump started the bike and it ran fine just can get it 2 crank over

yellowrider
04-30-2004, 04:59 AM
i do not see how you all are having all of these problems.. with starting the yfz

when you bought it did you work the starter button to start it, or did you pull choke out and then started with one push of the button .. that is how eaasy mine fires right up...

Quad18star
04-30-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by yellowrider
i do not see how you all are having all of these problems.. with starting the yfz

when you bought it did you work the starter button to start it, or did you pull choke out and then started with one push of the button .. that is how eaasy mine fires right up... I picked up mine and it started fine ... took the 20 minute drive home and went to start it and click click ..... The quad wasnt even 20 minutes old ...... I was NOT impressed and I've had this problem ever since !!!!

raptorrider
04-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Ive noticed on my Raptor, that if the battery cables are not good and tight, or if theres even a little corrosion on the cable ends, it does just the same. Just the click. Also, make sure the grounds are good and clean and tight, and the same for the power going to the starter.

Jonas
05-12-2004, 10:20 AM
Finished your bike up from what joey? What was done to it?

joeyc450
05-15-2004, 05:41 PM
walsh a-arm and swinger
Lsr axel and stem
tc pipe
Pep shocks
all Mx out

The starter was dead got it fixed,bike works great!!!!!