PDA

View Full Version : LT80 Airbox Mods

400exdad
04-29-2004, 07:38 PM
TrickBlaster'03 asked me for some info regarding this...it came from my old web page. Kinda cutting and pasting here.

I like the airbox because of the water crossing, mud and heavy dust we run through in the woods.. So, here goes. :p

If you'll look at the top of your stock airbox you can tell by the picture what I did. A spiral cutting bit works great to punch thru the plastic and make a smooth cut.

400exdad
04-29-2004, 07:40 PM
From this view, you can tell that I left the "channel", and opened up the airbox inlet about 4 times the original size. For such a nice foam element, the stock air intake hole is tiny.

400exdad
04-29-2004, 07:42 PM
I have to admit that in order to open up the air intake as much as I did, I had to remove the... well, splash guard for lack of a better word. So I cut a new one out of a piece of plastic I had laying around. I riveted it into place and sealed around the edges with silicone.

One of the coolest and unsuspected things I noticed about the airbox change was the new sounds that came out from under the gas tank. It sounds much more commanding now. Enjoyable, and no howl either!
:D :D