PDA

View Full Version : pipe sounds

03-17-2002, 07:06 PM
does anyone know where i can listen to the sounds of different pipes on a 400ex?

veddersbetter
03-18-2002, 12:29 AM
Ive heard Pro Circuit T4....Big Gun (full system)..and Yoshimura Slip on(my own)
Pro Circuit is the loudest(sounds good but gets kinda obnoxious) Big Gun sounds real good ...about the same as the PC only a little quieter and the Yosh is probably the quitest of all 3.
To be quite honest with you, I ride with the guys with those exhausts all the time and theres hardly a difference in sound between all of us..the one thing that makes the biggest sound difference is taking off the airbox lid.
From loudest to Quietest(
1 PC T4
2 Big Gun (full system)
3 Yoshimura (slip on)
:)

03-18-2002, 07:09 AM
I've got CT Racing Full System and it's loud as a mug...but i don't mind.

REDNECK400EX1

400EX, Ct Racing pipes, K&N Filter

veddersbetter
03-18-2002, 11:47 AM
Ill try and get some sound clips this week. Ill let ya know where I put em.:square

Deathbringer
03-18-2002, 01:38 PM
I posted a long time ago to get people to record sounds so I could host them for people to hear and only one person repsonded...so good luck getting them..

I still have the offer standing, if people will record them and tell me what the pipes are and what they are on... I will put them on my site for people to hear..

ChadEXer
03-18-2002, 02:00 PM
A new Big Gun pipe is 102db. A new Yoshi pipe is 103db. I called and asked a little while back when i bought my Yosh

ATV_MAN
03-18-2002, 07:48 PM
I have a dg pipe made for a utility atv on my 300ex and it is pretty loud

03-23-2002, 12:52 PM
My t-4 is extremely loud. As loud as I would ever want it to be.

trx400ex
03-23-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Deathbringer
I posted a long time ago to get people to record sounds so I could host them for people to hear and only one person repsonded...so good luck getting them..

I still have the offer standing, if people will record them and tell me what the pipes are and what they are on... I will put them on my site for people to hear..
that would be sweet..how would you want us to record it,,, i dont know anything about computers really so i couldnt do to much by myself but i think it would be a good idea and maybe leo could make a section just for the clips if we get like 20 or so of them,,,,i will have my new pipe real soon..

ny300exrider
03-23-2002, 01:51 PM
that would be so awsome. teamdunesatv.com has a pipe sounds page but is is mostly two troke. I love to hear the sound of pipes and the sound is important to me. I will not buy a pipe if it is too loud or sounds bad.