PDA

View Full Version : reverse for 400ex?

03-17-2002, 06:59 PM
Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket companys that make a reverse kit for a 400ex? If so where can i get one

03-17-2002, 07:02 PM
just use the Flintstones method u big sissy

yellowrider
03-17-2002, 07:35 PM
i remember last year there was alot of tak about a reverse kit for the 400ex i dont even see how that would be possible..

and if it is possible wouldnt it screw up your gears

Adam496
03-18-2002, 06:39 AM
y would u need reverse im 14 and i can turn around all of my friend heavy quads around + it makes quads really heavy

doctor_915
03-18-2002, 08:12 AM
Rev Kit
Ya I see that White Bros. Company makes a Rev kit for like 120 bucks not bad at all. I am pretty sure Rev is short for reverse. J/k

I would like to get a reverse kit, not that I cant turn it around now but it would be nice when I am trying to go over an obstacle or creek crossing and dont make it if I could just slap it in reverse rather than get off and pull it back. Someone mailed Dirtwheels about this subject a few months ago and they said it would take alot of money time and know how to do. ATV trannys arent like car trannys where you can bolt them up, they are attached to the motor directly (not sure how but I think they are welded or machined with the motor something like that). Either way it would probably screw up your gears, the money you would spend on the kit you could save and buy a z400 ,raptor or Honda's next quad cause it will probably have reverse. Sorry for the long messafe good luck either way.

RideRed400EX
03-18-2002, 08:30 AM
I spoke to someone at a local dealership and they said you can get a 400EX with reverse if you order direct from the factory. He was probably just blowing smoke but if it's true then the parts are out there to do the conversion.

yellowrider
03-18-2002, 02:50 PM
i called my dealer today to ask him about some stuff mainly aboput my oil promblem he said that there is no such thing as a reverse for a 400ex cause if there was everybody would have reverse

Honda Guy
03-18-2002, 03:24 PM
this is sorta on the same topic I havent see to many 350X's up close buy it looks kinnda like a 350X uses the 400EX top end so would the 350X bottom end fit on a 400EX and then you would have 6 gears.

yellowrider
03-19-2002, 07:30 PM
i dont know about all of that but a 300ex would be so much better with 6 gears and a reverse

olyeller
03-20-2002, 04:48 AM
a rev kit is a aftermarket rev limiter so you can get more power at higher rpm's

yellowrider
03-20-2002, 05:56 AM
olyeller a rev kit is a aftermarket rev limiter so you can get more power at higher rpm's

you have no idea what we were talking about do you

olyeller
03-20-2002, 07:22 AM
i know exactly what i'm talking about thankyou very much, maybe i didn't explain it very good BUT A REV KIT IS NOT A REVERSE KIT. THATS WHAT I WAS TELLING THE OTHER GUY WHO SAID IT WAS.

02 Red Rider
03-20-2002, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by doctor_915
Rev Kit
Ya I see that White Bros. Company makes a Rev kit for like 120 bucks not bad at all. I am pretty sure Rev is short for reverse. J/k

I would like to get a reverse kit, not that I cant turn it around now but it would be nice when I am trying to go over an obstacle or creek crossing and dont make it if I could just slap it in reverse rather than get off and pull it back. Someone mailed Dirtwheels about this subject a few months ago and they said it would take alot of money time and know how to do. ATV trannys arent like car trannys where you can bolt them up, they are attached to the motor directly (not sure how but I think they are welded or machined with the motor something like that). Either way it would probably screw up your gears, the money you would spend on the kit you could save and buy a z400 ,raptor or Honda's next quad cause it will probably have reverse. Sorry for the long messafe good luck either way.

Hey yellowrider

Read the whole thread before you get smart with somebody. Olyeller was replying to the post above by doctor_915.

I heard awhile back that a reverse kit was available but you had to give up a gear to have it. I have no idea if that is true and I never checked into because there is no way I would start messin around with the gearing just to have reverse. It's not worth it to me. AGAIN I have no first hand experience with a reverse kit I am only stating what I had heard.

Jason

olyeller
03-20-2002, 07:33 AM
Y DONT YOU TELL THAT TO A YELLOERIDER HE'S THE ONE WHO WROTE BACK TO ME WITH A ******* ATTITUDE

02 Red Rider
03-20-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by olyeller
Y DONT YOU TELL THAT TO A YELLOERIDER HE'S THE ONE WHO WROTE BACK TO ME WITH A ******* ATTITUDE

That's the last time I try to defend somebody!! READ my post I addressed it to YELLOWRIDER you are OLYELLER! Right?:mad:

Jason

doctor_915
03-20-2002, 07:52 PM
Sorry man I was kidding about the Rev Kit, thats why I pu the little J/K after it meaning just kidding. Just trying to poke a little fun or something I dunno. sorry to get all yall riled up.

Honda Guy
03-20-2002, 08:20 PM
doctor ur signiture (sp) sounda bad HEHE

yellowrider
03-20-2002, 08:22 PM
lol
you didnt make me mad only time i get mad is when someone hurts me .. and i dont think you can hurt me through the internet .. i didnt mean to start anything either i seen the j/k thing also anyways .. it would be nice to have reverse ..(dreaming)

ok i got a little lost while reading this post .... oh well gosh man i didnt mean to upset any body lol

people just take a chill pill and lay back and turn on the playstation 2 and play off road fury and just relax :D and everything will be ok

doctor_915
03-20-2002, 08:28 PM
Honda Guy, if Honda would produce the quad in my signature(it might be impossible but who knows) I would **** myself then go sell my parent's cars to buy one. Damn they would have a ****load of lawsuits.